Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry beauty bundles calculus categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology combinatorics comma complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive constructive-mathematics cosmology definitions deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry differential-topology digraphs duality education elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundations functional-analysis functor galois-theory gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry goodwillie-calculus graph graphs gravity group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory infinity integration integration-theory k-theory lie lie-theory limit limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic manifolds mathematics measure-theory modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pasting philosophy physics planar pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string-theory subobject superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topological topology topos topos-theory type type-theory variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011
    • (edited Feb 28th 2011)

Have added to HowTo a description for how to label equations

In the course of this I restructured the section “How to make links to subsections of a page” by giving it a few descriptively-titled subsections.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012

have added to HowTo right after the mentioning of the CodeCogs page also a link to the (new?) QuickLatex tool.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2012
    • (edited Sep 15th 2012)

I was reminded of some things that I had wanted to add to the HowTo page, and now I finally got around to doing so:

I added a new section How to organize and write content with new subsections:

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I have also added a subsection:

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Sep 15th 2012)

Oh, and now I have spotted and removed the subsection “How to ask questions”. I think we all agree that this initial idea we once had didn’t work out and should be abandoned, reproduced below just for the record:

[ begin obsolete old text ]

How to leave comments and questions

If you want to make a comment or question about a page without changing its main content, then edit the page and put your comment or question in a query block as shown in this example:

+-- {: .query}
    How do I ask a question?
    =--

which produces

+– {: .query} How do I ask a question? =–

Note that a query block should be less permanent than the rest of the page; once your comment is addressed or your question is answered, you can probably remove your query block.

If you want to ask a question of a specific person, then you can place a query block on their user page (which is just a page whose title is their name). You should be able to find all user pages here.

If your comment or question is more general than a specific page or person, then try the n-Forum. Previous discussions have been on the General Discussion page and on an entry at the n-Cafe. These previous discussions should not be added to but you may find your question answered there. Important answers are being migrated to this How To and the FAQ. As this is a Wiki, if you find an answer to your question and feel it should be added to one of those then do so.

[ end obsolete old text ]

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2012
    • (edited Sep 17th 2012)

That text shouldn't be removed entirely; it's still a formatting feature that's sometimes useful and should be documented.

The section has been edited bit by bit over the years as we've pulled away from heavy use of query boxes. It ought to start by pointing people to the Forum (instead of ending with this as it last did) and then show how to make a query box if people want to.

I will try to write a section like that now. … Done.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2018
    • (edited Feb 7th 2018)

I have added a section: How to… upload files.