Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2012

Our esteemed hosts are going to upgrade the server that the nLab resides on. They’d like to do this in the next two weeks and have asked when would be least disruptive for us.

Is there any particular time/day to avoid?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks. I’ll be needing the nnLab for online notes for a workshop until this Thursday. Any time after that would be fine with me.

Just out of curiosity: the nnLab is hosted by a general hosting service, and they are specifically asking when it would be convenient for us? Don’t they have plenty of (other) customers that will be affected?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

Not for me.

• CommentRowNumber4.

Just out of curiosity: the nLab is hosted by a general hosting service, and they are specifically asking when it would be convenient for us? Don’t they have plenty of (other) customers that will be affected?

The migrations are happening on a case-by-case basis. They want to migrate all of them by a certain date, but there’s no particular necessity to do them in one big batch job.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels

That’s nice to ask! I have no preference.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2012

This is going to happen this morning at 5:30am EST.

• CommentRowNumber7.

The migration is now done, I’m reliably informed. It may take a short while for the IP address change to propagate out to the internet so if the nLab seems down, try first doing (for Unix) host ncatlab.org. The answer should be 75.98.32.131. If it isn’t, your machine hasn’t noticed the change yet so you’ll need to wait until it does (in my experience, this can vary a bit but I’ve never known it take longer than a day).

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

I can see the new IP address, if that helps.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter

I cannot yet!

• CommentRowNumber10.

The host command gives me

;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

but I can reach the lab itself just fine!

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012

For me just now, it still gives

nlab.org has address 82.98.86.162

• CommentRowNumber12.

Tim, it should be ncatlab.org, not nlab.org. We don’t own nlab.org, sadly.

• CommentRowNumber13.

I now get

ncatlab.org has address 75.98.32.131

as desired.

• CommentRowNumber14.

Thanks for correcting my mistake. I get the new address as well.