Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
  1. I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I seem to remember a page in the nLab, that had a list of lots of different ways to see a category (for instance as a generalized monoid, as a generalized preorder, as a sort of directed space, etc). I'm not able to find that page right now... Does someone know where i can find it? Thanks
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2012
    • (edited Sep 28th 2012)

I believe you are thinking of an old version of the page category theory. That had a long list like that, which was eventually removed because it was a bit too weird, including also items like “category theory in psychology” and the like.

It also just vaguely named these different points of views, so I am not suggesting that we re-install it (actually: I am suggesting not to reinstall it ;-).

But of course what is not can easily be made to be here. I have started a list here now

I could do more, but I leave it at that for the time being.

I am sure more people aroud here will add one aspect or other and the list will grow…

2. Thank you. I think I found what i wanted here: category theory (Rev #180) . Actually I rather like the different perspectives in the section called “What is category theory?” even thought I don’t understand fully all the items.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2012

I think I found what i wanted

Please Let me know which item you find missing at