Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013

added to (infinity,n)-category of spans a pointer to the discussion of (,2)(\infty,2)-categories of spans in section 10 of

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013

added in the Definition section a brief mentioning of the observation in

that

Span n(H)E nAlg b(H op). Span_n(\mathbf{H}) \simeq E_n Alg_b(\mathbf{H}^{op}) \,.
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2013

added a brief comment on how to see the above in an elementary way at least for just 1-fold correspondences.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2013
    • (edited Aug 8th 2013)

I need to think more about the following, but this thought is haunting me, so I thought I’d see if anyone can help me with a comment.

For any category (\infty-category) 𝒞\mathcal{C}, write 𝒞 n\mathcal{C}^{\Box^n} for the category of nn-dimensional cube diagrams in 𝒞\mathcal{C}. This is naturally an nn-category ((,n)(\infty,n)-category) under pasting of cubes.

Moreover for 𝒞\mathcal{C} a category (\infty-category) with pullbacks, write Corr(𝒞)Corr(\mathcal{C}) for the category (\infty-category) of objects and correspondences (spans) in 𝒞\mathcal{C}.

Now consider the nn-category ((,n)(\infty,n)-category)

Corr(𝒞) n Corr(\mathcal{C})^{\Box^n}

of nn-fold cubes with edges made of correspondences in 𝒞\mathcal{C}.

The thought that is haunting me is:

Isn’t that much like what we would want anything denoted “Corr n(𝒞)Corr_n(\mathcal{C})” to be?

Heuristically, an nn-cell in Corr n(𝒞)Corr_n(\mathcal{C}) is a bunch of objects, with correspondences between them, correspondences of correspondences between those, and so on, up to nn-fold correspondences.

But that vague description certainly also applies to Corr(𝒞) nCorr(\mathcal{C})^{\Box^n}.

You could help me if you can set me straight and point out a good reason why considering Corr(𝒞) nCorr(\mathcal{C})^{\Box^n} as “the nn-category of nn-fold correspondences in 𝒞\mathcal{C}” is a bad idea . If it indeed is.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013

Can you explain more about what is “the category of nn-dimensional cube diagrams in 𝒞\mathcal{C}”?

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013
    • (edited Aug 8th 2013)

I just mean: the functor category out of the abstract cellular nn-cube n\Box^n regarded as a poset, regarded as a category. So for n=1n = 1 the arrow category, for n=2n = 2 the category of commutative squares, etc.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2014

added statement of the phased tensor product and expanded the discussion of full dualizability accordingly.