Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2013
    • (edited Jul 19th 2013)

For the sake of illustration I have added to ordinary homology a section In terms of higher linear algebra.

Currently the main point is to record, after some preliminaries, the standard observation plus detailed proof that for XX a topological space, its ordinary chain complex of singular simplices is, up to equivalence, the \infty-colimit of the tensor unit local system with coefficients in HkModH k Mod. (Its “HkHk-Thom spectrum”.)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2013
    • (edited Jul 19th 2013)

added to In terms of higher linear algebra now also the statement that for a Poincaré duality space the HAH A-module of sections of the trivial HAH A-\infty-bundle over it is self-dual, up to a degree twist.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2013

Why is this colimit functor called Γ\Gamma? Usually Γ\Gamma refers to a space of sections, which I would think would be rather the limit that computes cohomology rather than homology. What is a “flat section”?

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2013
    • (edited Jul 20th 2013)

A functor χ:Π(X)EMod\chi : \Pi(X) \to E Mod is a flat EE-module bundle on XX. A non-flat one would be a morphism XEModX \to E\mathbf{Mod} where now on the right we have the actual stack of EE-modules instead of just the \infty-category of EE-modules (over the point).

For 𝕀 X E\mathbb{I}_X^E the tensor unit of EE-module bundles, a section of χ\chi is a map 𝕀 X Eχ\mathbb{I}_X^E \to \chi. This is flat in the first case, and not-necessarily flat in the second.

By the universal colimit property, a map of EE-modules Γ(χ)𝕀 * E\Gamma(\chi) \to \mathbb{I}_\ast^E is equivalently a map of flat EE-modle bundles χ𝕀 X E\chi \to \mathbb{I}_X^E. This is a cosection. Hence Γ(χ)\Gamma(\chi) is such that maps out of it are cosections, and hence to the extent that all is dualizable itself it is sections. But maybe another term would be better, I am not sure.