Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2013
    • (edited Sep 12th 2013)

Recall (or else notice) that one of the characteristics of the “holographic principle” in QFT is that it relates fields of a bulk field theory to sources of a boundary field theory.

Thanks to some hints from Igor Khavkine, I realized that there is a formalization of this statement for the case that the bulk theory is the 2d Chern-Simons theory which is the non-perturbative Poisson sigma model, whose boundary theory is the history space of a physical system with its “off-shell Poisson bracket”. In this case the moduli stack of bulk fields is precisely the space of sources of the boundary theory.

This follows by just combining on the one hand the discussion at off-shell Poisson bracket, which is in principle “well known” (see the detailed citations there for what is “known”, I would instead say that Igor Khavkine was the one who fully realized this, expressed to me in private communication), with, on the other hand, the description of Poisson manifolds as boundaries of the non-perturbative Poisson sigma-model as Joost Nuiten described in his thesis (see also the Examples-section at motivic quantization).

I have added a remark explaining this “Poisson holography”-statement at off-shell Poisson bracket – boundary theory field interpretation.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2023

added pointer to:

diff, v2, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2023

for completeness, I added pointer also to:

diff, v4, current