Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2013
    • (edited Dec 9th 2013)

I am wondering about some basic issues in higher geometry and specifically in E-infinity geometry (“spectral geometry”), maybe somebody has a hint for me:

• in Structured Spaces we get the very general formulation of what it means to have a structure sheaf 𝒪 X\mathcal{O}_X. In Deformation Theory we get the very general formulation of what it means to be a module. One would hope that in this generality there is a definition of quasicoherent 𝒪 X\mathcal{O}_X-modules, too. But at least in Quasi-Coherent Sheaves and Tannaka Duality Theorems the definition of QCohQCoh is given in a more traditional way. Is there anything on QCohQCoh away from E E_\infty-geometry in a more general context as in Structured Spaces?

• What can we say about sufficient conditions for morphisms f:XYf : X \to Y in E E_\infty-geoemtry to induce closed monoidal f *:QCoh(Y)QCoh(X)f^\ast : QCoh(Y) \to QCoh(X)? I don’t care for the moment so much about XX and /or YY being regular (schemes, algebraic spaces, DM-stacks,…) but am looking for answers for X,YX,Y generally \infty-presheaves on CRing opCRing_\infty^{op}.

• for EE an E E_\infty-algebra and XX an \infty-groupoid, Pic(QCoh(XSpecE))Pic(QCoh(X \cdot Spec E)) is closely related to the twisted generalized EE-cohomology of the homotopy type of XX. Joost and I are currently playing with rephrasing the constructions in his thesis in terms of six operations yoga in E E_\infty-geometry under this identification. Part of this is at least implicit in A Survey of Elliptic Cohomology. Has this been developed/spelled out further anywhere?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2013

I don’t know the answers, but I would like you just to have in mind that in generalized algebraic geometry of Nikolai Durov thesis where the local model is based on a finitary monad in Set (very fundamental and basic setup, everything commutative), the categories of quasicoherent sheaves of 𝒪\mathcal{O}-modules are not forming an abelian category, hence the infinity analogue would not form a stable (infinity,1)-category. Sufficiently general treatment should have this in mind.