Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorJon Beardsley
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2013

So, sorry for doing this. I posted this question over on MO, but nobody seemed to know, or be interested in talking about it. Since it references stuff you guys have written on the nlab, I thought I might mention it here and see if anyone knows, or is interested in talking about it:

Suppose given a cosimplicial ring R R^\bullet and a cosimplicial module M M^\bullet (i.e. a cosimplicial Abelian group such that M nM^n is an R nR^n-(left/right/bi)module). I have seen it said that M M^\bullet is co-cartesian over R R^\bullet if it is true that for every map [n][m]Δ[n]\to[m]\in \Delta, we have that the maps M nM mM^n\to M^m and R nR mR^n\to R^m induce an isomorphism M n R nR mM mM^n\otimes_{R^n} R^m\cong M^m.

On the other hand, suppose I’ve got a hypercover of simplicial presheaves (on some site, or maybe just simplicial sets, whatever) Y X Y_\bullet\to X_\bullet. Then being a hypercover of height zero means that means that the map Y n(cosk n1Y ) n× (cosk n1X) nX nY_n\to (\mathbf{cosk}_{n-1}Y_\bullet)_n\times_{(\mathbf{cosk}_{n-1}X)_n}X_n is an isomorphism.

So, I might be wrong here, but can this latter statement be made in terms of the former? That is, can we make some kind of statement about Spec()Spec(-) of a map of cosimplicial rings such that one is co-cartesian over the other along the given cosimpicial map, giving us a hypercover of height zero in simplicial schemes? I don’t really have a good intuition for what I should think of the coskeleton as, which I think is part of why I’m having a hard time making sure of this.

Thanks!