Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2014
    • (edited Jun 11th 2014)

I realized that at Hodge structure the link to “Chern character” is broken. The source code looked okay (and it seems to have worked before), but to be sure I copy-and-pasted the title “Chern character” from that entry into the “Hodge structure entry”, but it still doesn’t come out. Am I missing something?

Next I tried to go to the Sandbox wanting to type “[ [ Chern character ] ] ” into there, to see what happens. But now it turns out that trying to edit “Sandbox” fails, it always takes me to the HomePage.

?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

There’s another link at Hodge structure which takes you to Empty 5. The latter seems to contain ’Chern character’.

• CommentRowNumber3.

Since Empty 5 has a redirect of ’Chern characters’, that’s why that link takes you there. So it seems someone has renamed ’Chern character’ as ’Empty 5’.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Hm, thanks. That’s strange.

Am on my phone now, could you just remove that spurious redirect, if you have a second? Thanks.

• CommentRowNumber5.

The redirect isn’t spurious. We’d want ’Chern characters’ to appear as a redirect on the Chern character page. The issue is the renaming of the page. I’ll try to rename it.

• CommentRowNumber6.

Now, I’m very confused. So Chern character and Empty 5 have the same content, but it’s not possible to edit Chern character, and Empty 5 wins the battle of the redirects. I thought of removing these from Empty 5, but then ’Chern characters’ on Hodge structure doesn’t go anywhere.

Have to dash now. Anyone clever enough to see what’s going on?

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Jun 11th 2014)

Hm, maybe something really broke here. On top of there being that strange Empty 5-page mimicking the Chern character page, trying to edit Chern character (as well as Sandbox) fails, it opens instead the HomePage.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

I’m glad this got caught so early. It was a hassle to fix, but it would have been worse if it had gone on longer.

It was my fault. It was part of the process of converting Andres’ notes into his new web. There were a few stages, and it transpires that in one of them I inadvertently changed a load of page names to Empty N. I’ve changed back as many as I could figure out, which includes all of the nLab ones. There are a couple on Joyal’s cat lab that I didn’t know what they should be, and on Stephen Spahn’s web (there’s also one on Doriath, but as that’s one great big sandbox it doesn’t matter).

Sorry about that! I’ll try to avoid being helpful in future!

Incidentally, if when trying to edit a page you get sent back to the HomePage then that’s a sign that the page doesn’t really exist and that you’re only seeing a ghost in the cache.

(Hey, who turned out the lights?)

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Okay, thanks!!

What’s a link to that converted material? I am looking forward to seing that.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2014

( Hey, who turned out the lights? )

Nice one :-)

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentRowNumber12.

Oh, except that he hasn’t yet created any links from the home page to the rest of the material so that doesn’t help much …

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2014

Try the atom feed (also available with content).