Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorsanath
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2015
    • (edited Feb 11th 2015)

How does the definition of a bicategorical equivalence as in Definition 3.5.6 of math.harvard.edu/~lurie/… relate to the definition of a categorical equivalence (as in the Cartesian model structure on Set Δ +\mathrm{Set}^+_\Delta)? The reason I’m asking is because I’m trying to understand Theorem 4.2.7 of the Goodwillie paper, by comparing it to Proposition 3.1.3.7 of Higher Topos Theory. I mean, what I can’t get to understand is this: how does the left adjoint to the scaled nerve construction relate to the equivalence of \infty-categories as in Proposition 3.1.3.3 in Higher Topos Theory?

(This might be obvious, maybe I’m just not understanding the left adjoint of N sc\mathrm{N}^\mathrm{sc} properly. Also, this has been asked at the Homotopy Theory Chat Room and MathOverflow, I was just looking for some more input into this.)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorsanath
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2015

Actually, Adeel helped me figure it out. Basically, the relation is as follows: Suppose f:XYf:X\to Y is a bicategorical equivalence. Then sc(X) sc(Y)\mathfrak{C}^{\mathrm{sc}}(X)\to\mathfrak{C}^{\mathrm{sc}}(Y) is a weak equivalence of enriched Set Δ +\mathrm{Set}^+_\Delta-categories. Hence there is a Cartesian equivalence between the mapping spaces of sc(X)\mathfrak{C}^{\mathrm{sc}}(X) and sc(Y)\mathfrak{C}^{\mathrm{sc}}(Y).