Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2016

Dennis Borisov kindly highlights this most remarkable article to me:

First of all it establishes this table here, which I gave an entry normed division algebra Riemannian geometry – table:

normed division algebra 𝔸\mathbb{A} Riemannian 𝔸\mathbb{A}-manifolds Special Riemannian 𝔸\mathbb{A}-manifolds
    real numbers \mathbb{R} Riemannian manifold oriented Riemannian manifold
    complex numbers \mathbb{C} Kähler manifold Calabi-Yau manifold
    quaternions \mathbb{H} quaternion-Kähler manifold hyperkähler manifold
    octonions 𝕆\mathbb{O} Spin(7)-manifold G2-manifold

But it goes beyond that to discuss the relevant connections etc. For the moment I have included the above table in some of the relevant entries.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2016

Is there anything particularly important in the article you can point out to us to notice? Is it the common treatment across normed division algebras?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2016

It’s that he also gets all the right instanton conditions on the exceptional connections, all unified. All the structure that ever appears in M/F-theory compactifications on G2/CY4-fibers, including all the moduli, seems to find a single unified home in this perspective.

Boris and I are running a secret F-theory seminar on this and related matters. I have to go offline right now and will be all busy lecturing next week on something else. But then I’ll come back to this story here and will put more details on the nLab.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2016

Is there some relation between the normed division algebras giving rise to the “trunk” of the brane bouquet (M-Theory from the Superpoint), and their appearance in this thread in terms of #3? Though I guess they can appear for different reasons, as in the magic pyramid.