Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories accessible adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry bundles calculus categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-theory cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive constructive-mathematics cosmology definitions deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry differential-topology digraphs duality education elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundations functional-analysis functor galois-theory gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry goodwillie-calculus graph graphs gravity group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory infinity integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limit limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal-logic model model-category-theory monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nonassociative noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pasting philosophy physics planar pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topological topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2010

Every now and then some spam gets through the filters on the forum. Toby and I can remove it from public view (it stays in the database so if it turns out that it wasn't spam it can easily be deleted). Also, I can set the user account which was used to "banned" to prevent it being used again. Other useful information, such as IPs and email addresses, is also logged. But to keep the place clean, we need to be aware of the spam occurring. I, in particular, don't read every post made here on the forum. So if you spot some spam, please alert someone. Use this discussion if you like.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010

Andrew wrote in part:

it stays in the database so if it turns out that it wasn't spam it can easily be deleted

I suppose that the last word should be ‘undeleted’. So far, I've only deleted/hidden something while also explaining what it was, to prevent any nasty surprises.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2013

The two recent comments on homotopy colimits on this forum is spam. I do not have access to delete it, so can someone who has such do so.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2013

Done.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2013
    • (edited Jul 12th 2013)

Forum spam at thread Stanford Enc, of Philosphy; quantum mechanics.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2013

And at Schur functors

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2013
    • CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2013

Deleted. (And I deleted your comment as well since it was no longer relevant and potentially confusing.)

I’m starting to wonder if allowing anonymous comments is worth it. We haven’t had any genuine anonymous comments for some time, and since the reCaptcha broke there’s no obvious barrier to spammers. It doesn’t do them any good, though, since guest comments are fully escaped so there are no backlinks created (which is what they want, I believe).

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2013

Forum spam at entry ’N=4 D=4 super Yang-Mills theory’.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2013

Forum spam at Goodwillie Calculus

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013
    • CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013

I’m tempted to disable the anonymous posting facility.

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2013
    • (edited Jul 29th 2013)

… and at (http://nforum.mathforge.org/discussion/840/microlocal-analysis-dmodules-crystals/#Item_9)

Looks similar.

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2013

And some more at the thread “Stanford Enc, of Philosphy; quantum mechanics”

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2013

I’ve deleted those (and the posts saying “Please delete the above spam”). I’ve also turned off the anonymous commenting stuff for the time being. I’ll turn it back on if I can think of an unobtrusive spam splatter.

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2013

It looks as if the forum has been spammed by ericafinger!

• CommentRowNumber17.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2013

Splat that spam!

• CommentRowNumber18.
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2013
    • (edited Dec 31st 2013)

Forum Spam ahoy! Look at Schur functors and also Goodwillie calculusThe first has clear spam from obd2work and that same source has made a strange comment in the second of those.

… and Happy New Year everyone.

• CommentRowNumber19.
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2013

Deleted and banned.

(I also deleted a comment by Zoran that was pointing out the spam on the Schur functors discussion. I do this when the following comment refers back to the spam comment since when I delete the spam comment then it appears to refer to a different comment, so long as the following comment contains nothing of significance. Zoran did ask a question there: in answer, all that’s needed to get an account here is to have an active email address. Thus far, we haven’t needed anything more stringent than that.)

• CommentRowNumber20.
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2014

Andrew: look at the forum entry at Goodwillie calculus #34. It looks as if mister clever-clever has tried again!

• CommentRowNumber21.
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2014

Thanks Tim.

• CommentRowNumber22.
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014

There is new activity from obd2life. Look at children’s drawing and sheafification. (in the forum)

• CommentRowNumber23.
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014

Thought I’d banned that little whatsit. Anyway, banned now.

• CommentRowNumber24.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2014

Little whatsit is at it again.

• CommentRowNumber25.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014

More spam on the forum here.

• CommentRowNumber26.
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014

Dealt with.

• CommentRowNumber27.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2014

Thank you, Andrew!

Tim: greetings from your neighborhood, from Swansea (leaving in a couple of days).

• CommentRowNumber28.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2015

There’s spam on the Forum from Tina168.

• CommentRowNumber29.
    • (edited Jan 30th 2015)

At torsion theory, quotient category. Is there any other place with similar Spam?

(Later: Yes: at Wirthmüller context, Grothendieck context and at Homotopy Type Theory – Univalent Foundations of Mathematics .)

1. What was the "torsion theory, quotient theory" spam? Can you link to it?

I removed the spam at the other three discussions (and the pointless "Oh look, some spam" posts that inevitably follow.).
    • CommentRowNumber31.

It looks not to be there (now). It was also a Tina168 spam with similar content. (I do not understand where it could have gone!)