Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2017

I tried to go from morphism of sites via the link to Relation to geometric morphisms and got :

Error 1001 Ray ID: 3c162f3db2f3138f • 2017-11-21 19:51:35 UTC DNS resolution error

I can access that page from other pages but not from the link:

Relation to morphisms of sites See at morphism of sites the section Relation to geometric morphisms .

I pasted the link: http://nlab.mathforge.org/nlab/show/morphism+of+sites#RelationToGeometricMorphisms into a browser and got the same error.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2017

I pasted the link: http://nlab.mathforge.org/nlab/show/morphism+of+sites#RelationToGeometricMorphisms into a browser and got the same error.

why are You going through mathforge rather than using https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/morphism%20of%20sites#RelationToGeometricMorphisms?

I also looked in morphism of sites of sites and found a strange link encoding. The source text

<a href="http://nlab.mathforge.org/nlab/show/geometric+morphism#BetweenPresheafToposes">Geometric morphisms between presheaf toposes</a>

gives a 1001 error and should be

[[geometric morphism#BetweenPresheafToposes|Geometric morphisms between presheaf toposes]]

but I seem to be unable to edit it now.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2017
    • (edited Nov 22nd 2017)

Rod: I did not ‘go through’ mathforge. I just pasted the source code from the page. I have now searched on mathforge in the nLab and there are far too many to look at. I tried one at random (Yetter model) and in the Idea section there is :

Together with the Dijkgraaf-Witten model these form the first two steps in filtering of target spaces by homotopy type truncation of ∞-Chern-Simons theory (schreiber) with discrete target spaces.

clicking on ‘with discrete target spaces’ gives a 1001. A similar thing is in the line above related concepts.

The problem is possibly due to a change at mathforge.

1. Yes, Andrew Stacey mentioned in another thread that he has been attempting to make changes to the redirecting from his old site to the nLab. He tried to use CNAME, which did not work, and mentioned he would try a straightforward redirect instead, but I don’t know whether he has actually done so (or whether it has been done correctly). A straightforward bash script (or similar) on the nLab server could go through all mathforge links and replace by nLab ones; no doubt Adeel will be able to do it when he gets the chance if he sees this.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks for the alert. I have fixed the links now to proper relative links.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorDmitri Pavlov
    • (edited Nov 22nd 2017)
    Why is the nLab using CloudFlare in the first place (which prevents CNAME from working)? Were there any DDOS attacks on the nLab?
    • CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2017

Adeel made the switch a little while back. He will know more.