Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2018
    • (edited Aug 2nd 2018)

I am preparing slides for a 90 min lecture

for the upcoming Durham Symposium ’Higher Structures in M-Theory’.

This is geared towards an audience of mathematically inclined string theorists. Accordingly, it starts with a lightning introduction to category theory and higher topos theory, from a perspective that should appeal to string theoretically minded people. We’ll see how that works out…

As usual, there is more in the slides than I plan to say out loud. Notably all of section 6) “Emergence of M-theory” will not actually fit into the lecture, but might serve as material in a moonshine session for an inner circle.

It’s still a little rough here and there, but should be readable. Comments are welcome.

(On my system, I go full screen at 133% resolution, then page-down keystrokes exactly give me a slide show. )

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2018
    • (edited Aug 4th 2018)

which the is linear dual of the super Lie bracket

If we think of super Minkowski spacetime R d1,1|MR^{d-1,1|M}

Then you have NN.

• CommentRowNumber3.

nn-dimension genralization

and just before ’4) Higher super geometry’ there is

db=μ 2d b = \mu_2

which should be db=μ p+2d b = \mu_{p+2}

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks!! All fixed now.

• CommentRowNumber5.

restricts to the the

In ’tower of universal higher central extensions of L-∞ algebras’, could one include 𝔰𝔭𝔦𝔫\mathfrak{spin}?

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2018

Sorry for the belated reply, had missed your last message.

could one include 𝔰𝔭𝔦𝔫\mathfrak{spin}

The thing is that as Lie algebras 𝔰𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔬\mathfrak{spin} \simeq \mathfrak{so}, due to the fact that the central extension SpinSOSpin \to SO is by a discrete group (/2\mathbb{Z}/2) and hence invisible to Lie algebras