Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
  1. Working on page to be included in several pages like second-countable space, etc.

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2019
    • (edited Apr 2nd 2019)

Great idea! I like that kind of overview tables.

For your diagram: Best to make the labels be right on the arrows, to avoid overlap. But I’d have to look up how to do it in Tikz.

For your table: It used to be possible to insert line breaks inside table boxes, via <br/>. That HTML command is now blocked, and \linebreak doesn’t yet work inside tables yet. Not sure what to do

2. Local axioms should fit in the diagram as well.

diff, v7, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDaniel Luckhardt
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2019
    • (edited Apr 29th 2019)

Changed diagram, adapted list of properties and implications among them.

Question: Is there a more systematic way to float something to the right than

<div style="float:right">

that does not have the problem of

+-- {: .rightHandSide}
               +--

that the diagram becomes far too small?

diff, v12, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

Weird: when I hit “diff”, what appeared was the tikz code and not the output. (It rendered correctly when I hit “current”.) Maybe it has something to do with the browser I have here at work.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

This is not due to your browser but due to the current implementation, currently various extra typesetting features only render as intended on the official page, not in the history.

3. Actually, I wanted to make more or less this.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • (edited Apr 29th 2019)

Re #4: there is some syntax for image files for this, see here. Something like that for diagrams is not currently implemented, one can only centre them, but we should add this functionality eventually. In the meantime, feel free to use a div!

Re #2: actually <br/> is not disabled currently; use \linebreak where possible, but you can use <br/> if you need.

Re #7: Very impressive diagram! But to my eyes it would actually look better not floated to the right but centred, say before the text.

4. Added countable chain condition.

diff, v16, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2020

Ah, I see that here is probably where you want to put that nice table (cf. nForum comment thread of “countable chain condition”).

5. Well, actually, the table is intended as a template to be put into many pages. I admit that together with the explanations of properties and implications it’s becoming a bit large. So perhaps it’s better to split it up into just the table with a link to a page containing further information. What do you think?

6. Rearranged the diagram and added new implication (paracompact spaces satisfying the countable chain condition are Lindelöf)

diff, v19, current