Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    • (edited Apr 9th 2010)

I've converted the database here to utf-8. What I hope is that this hasn't changed anything already here (since the conversion ought to have converted the data as well) but that we can now put in honest unicode here (and, hopefully, link properly to pages in the nLab with non-standard characters in their titles).

Here's a little experiment. Some of Zoran's favourite characters are č and š. We have a lot of pages with ∞ in them. Here's a link to (∞,1)-category of (∞,1)-functors.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTim_van_Beek
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010

Loosly related question: Instinki comes with the SQLite database, what database does the nLab use? (I'm asking because I still did not succeed to get a local version running and noted that there might be a problem with the database driver that my Instiki uses).

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010

We now use MySQL. The original version of the nLab used SQLite, and I have another Instiki installation (for a course that I teach) which uses SQLite. Technically, it's SQLite3 but I don't know if that makes a difference or not. SQLite3 ought to "just work". The main problem with using SQLite (as far as I know) is that it means that Instiki can only do one thing at a time. But on a local install, that oughtn't to be a major issue.

What problems are you having with getting a local installation up and running? I'm happy to help if I can. As you might turn up useful stuff for others thinking along the same lines, why not start a separate discussion here (say, in the technical category) on the n-Forum and record what you do and what problems you encounter. I, and others, can make encouraging remarks from the sidelines.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Let me see again ČĆŠĐŽčćšđž

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

wow! it works

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorTim_van_Beek

Andrew wrote

As you might turn up useful stuff for others thinking along the same lines, why not start a separate discussion here (say, in the technical category) on the n-Forum and record what you do and what problems you encounter. I, and others, can make encouraging remarks from the sidelines.

Okay, will do, (actually I already started one and then let it starve (the "local nLab etc.")). I did not want to pester anyone with technical details...

• CommentRowNumber7.

@Zoran: glad you like it! Let me know if something doesn't work as it should.

@Tim: "I did not want to pester anyone with technical details..." one great thing about a forum (opposed to, say, a mailing list) is that people can easily ignore a discussion that they're not interested in. Space is cheap, post away! The more people using Instiki, the better for us.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010

I'm getting incorrect links in comments 29–31 starting here. Note that all of these would work on the Lab (unlike comment 28 that precedes them).