Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010
    Why I can not have this

1. Introduction 3
    1.1 Categories and generalizations . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
    1.2. Basic idea of descent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5
    2. From noncommutative spaces to categories 5
    2.1. Idea of space and of noncommutative space . . . . . . . . . 5
    2.2. Gel’fand-Naimark . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5
    2.3. Nonaffine schemes and gluing of quasicoherent sheaves . . . 6
    2.4. Noncommutative generalizations of QcohX . . . . . . . . . . 6
    2.5. Abelian versus 1-categories . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7

but instead I have automatic numbers like 1,2,3, 5, 8 (I know why, but how to avoid it??). I do NOT want nlab to make it like word, I want my numbering to stay it is, and if possible keeping the paragraphs. Putting > for quotation did not help!
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Apr 13th 2010)

It is about toc in new entry Categorified Symmetries (zoranskoda) (true toc are in the paper or in the source pafe of the entry) about our last year’s Proceedings paper with Urs written in Dec 2008, and published in a proceedings last year which we now update to put the extended version to the arXiv. We are going to do that very soon, like this week, so any comments and corrections even linguistical and stylistical are now welcome.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorEric

How’s that? It might still need some work, but it is almost there.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorEric

I can format it a little better for you with arrays if you like…

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorEric

Let me know when/if you want me to, but I’ll wait until you’re finish…

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I am currently working on the file. But the toc very likely won't change anymore.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorEric

Why don’t you just put the entire LaTeX on the nLab on work on it there?

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Apr 13th 2010)

Why don’t you just put the entire LaTeX on the nLab on work on it there?

That would be nice if it worked. But it doesn’t , due to the sections and most of all due to the diagrams.

That will be a happy day when i can write my article entirely on the nLab and then just press a button to get a decent LaTeX\LaTeX file version of it.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Thanks Eric for nowiki suggestion. I knew that long time ago… toc will change though :)

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Apr 13th 2010)

Somehow infinity categories from cut and paste from pdf became less exciting 1-categories! I corrected that now in toc :)

So I just discovered that cut and paste operation is sort of decategorification.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorHarry Gindi

Yes, that is my absolute favorite error. I discovered it before I started posting here, when I was trying to get help on MO cutting and pasting from HTT. =)

Why doesn't LaTeX just OCR the underlying text to actually be the \infty or something cool like that? That would be extremely useful.

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

A third iteration of new version E appeared on the Categorified Symmetries.

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010
    • (edited Apr 14th 2010)

Early morning (1am in Utrecht and Bures-sur-Yvette) update version 14April at Categorified Symmetries. I will be now quiet till about 14 o’clock.

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

yet another version 14AprilC online

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

did I say version E of Urs with some minor corrections from me ? still working…

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

I gave up further revisions in the last hour before the deadline, though there are places which would desire it, but Urs and I have some other deadlines approaching. We may return to another (smaller revision) in few weeks, but for now the links are (if I linked all correctly) at Categorified symmetries with arxiv-submitted version of toc. Now I can have dinner and some rest till tomorrow (another big work to do tomorrow, this time with a more stiff deadline).