Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
  1. Formulas are rendered as LaTeX and not itex when using tikzcd, e.g. \begin{tikzcd} Id \end{tikzcd} produces Id I d as opposed to IdId. Is there a way to fix this?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorPaoloPerrone
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2020

On a related note, is there a way of making itex and LaTeX fonts look the same, or at least more similar?

2. Another point, why is tikzcd inactivated in this forum?

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2020

Second best thing to do about such questions is:

Post them in the thread Bugs and feature requests to reduce the extra work for Richard to spot your questions.

(The best thing to do about such questions: Offer to lend a hand with developing the nLab software! If and when you are ready, Richard will have further instructions for how to proceed.)

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2020
    • (edited Apr 28th 2020)

Thanks Urs, yes, absolutely best in general to post in ’Bugs and feature requests’; and anybody motivated would absolutely be able to take a look at the source code for this and try to tweak it, the code for diagram generation is mostly self-contained.

I can quickly answer here about #1 and #2: the short answer is that it is very tricky. Regarding fonts, the library which creates the SVG does not render text as text, but as a path. I can imagine trying to find some way around this, but it is not an easy problem to solve. Even harder would be to render mathematics in MathML rather than render it in LaTeX, as this will affect issues like spacing. I suggest to make a little post at ’Bugs and feature requests’, and we can get back to this as something for the future; or anybody who is motivated and has time can try to work on it. I think things are not disastrous as they are, even if an ideal world things would be slightly different.

Regarding #3: the Tikz diagram functionality is not part of Itex, and in general the renderer on the nForum is the ’old’ Instiki one, and has none of the functionality of the ’new’ renderer. This will change in the new, re-written nForum, which is hopefully not very far away.