Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorFosco
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2020

The page collects the various networks and communities of category theorists around the world. As far as I have seen, such page was missing from the nLab!

Feel free to continue the list

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

This list could probably be a subsection at category theory – References

At the very least you’d want to link to it from there, to have a chance that people see your list.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter

Added YAMCats.

diff, v2, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Hi Fosco,

I see now that you created your page by demanding its link in the Sandbox (rev 2013, now overwritten). Probably this means that you have not linked to it from any other page.

Think of it this way: If there is strictly no nnLab page that points to your new page, then the new page is physically disconnected from the nLab. Moreover, if there is really no page that should point to your new page, then it is also intellectually disconnected from the rest of the nLab. Neither ought to be the case.

So whenever you feel the need for a new page, try to think of at least one (better more than one) existing pages to should point to it, and then make them point to it.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorPaoloPerrone

In terms of type theory, whenever you declare a page, you should also give a constructor :)

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2020
    • (edited Jun 7th 2020)

Maybe Fosco isn’t reading here? Hm.

I have removed the capitalization of the entry title, to conform to our established naming convention. And I have added the missing hyperlink on “category theory”, so that at least that link back exists.

I still suggest that this entry ought to be linked to from somewhere, and that the canonical place would be the References-section at category theory. It would make sense to create a subsection “Further resources” there, and have it include a line like:

See also the list of _[[networks of category theorists]]_

I won’t do this myself, but I’d urge anyone who cares about the list of networks to consider this, in order to do justice both to the spirit of the nnLab but also to the creation of the list itself. Otherwise I am reminded of that tree which falls in a forest with nobody around to see it.

Finally, regarding Paolo’s joke in #5 I notice that this is not that far from the truth:

The closest there is in Instiki, for ordinary users, to delete an entry is to make it “orphaned” by removing all links to it. There is a garbage-collection command in the Instiki installation, which can be run by admins (never has yet, but could some day), and that command deletes all the files corresponding to pages that are orphaned, in this sense.

diff, v3, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2020

I have added in such a link in the hope that it might be useful.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2020

Added appliedcategorytheory.org.

I don’t really know what this page is for, but adding the Zulip chat would probably fit.

diff, v4, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • (edited Jun 8th 2020)

Since the page claims the order is strictly alphabetical, I put ACT first.

Forming a numbered list using the device of writing 1. before each entry will mean people don’t have to renumber every time.

Would it perhaps be too self-referential to add the nLab as a network/community?

diff, v5, current

• CommentRowNumber10.

I think adding the n-Lab as a community would be a a neat self-referential entry!!!

• CommentRowNumber11.

Agreed! Together with the nForum and the nCafé.

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2020

added this item:

diff, v6, current

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2020
    • (edited Aug 6th 2020)

I have tried to harmonize the formatting of all items, such that the hyperlinked arcronym goes first, with the description following.

diff, v6, current

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2020

added pointer to the Math-Phys-Cat-page here on the nLab

diff, v9, current