Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
  1. In the next few hours, I will attempt to migrate the nLab database from the server at CMU to the cloud (Amazon Web Services). This is the first step in the full migration of the nLab to the cloud. I am migrating the database first because I am a long way towards finishing a replacement for the nForum, and the design is such that I would prefer to assemble the pieces in the cloud using some modern infrastructure (lambdas/functions as a service) rather than doing it on the old server.

I will post again just before I actually make the switch. Once I set up the database server and we start using it, we will need to start actually handling the finances. There will be a bill once a month I believe; Urs’ credit card is being used at the moment, we will need to transfer money to him. I will post more details once it’s up and running.

Anyhow, over the next few hours, please check this thread regularly if you are planning a major edit, as there is a possibility you will lose work if you try to save an edit when I am making the switch.

2. The migration is on hold for the moment due to a networking issue: the database is set up and working in AWS, but it seems that something somewhere is blocking the nLab CMU server from reaching it. It could be something in CMU’s networking, or it could possibly be in Cloudflare, the latter of which I do not have access to (but I thought it only applied to inbound traffic). I will connect Joe at CMU and Adeel (who owns the Cloudflare account) to investigate.

3. In other words, it is safe to edit the nLab until further notice.