Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2020

a bare table, to be !include-ed under “Related entries” in pertinent entries

Am trying to bring some order into the mess of entries of cobordism cohomology theories…

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

changed the title to disambiguate from the general floating TOC of cobordism theory

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDmitri Pavlov

Added Schwede’s mO and mU.

diff, v2, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2020
    • (edited Nov 21st 2020)

Okay. I have created a stub entry global equivariant bordism homology theory to make these links work.

(I’d like to not leave broken links around too much, better to create a quick stub entry for them to point to. Besides making look their home entry broken and messy, broken links tend to mislead hapless users to click on them and inadvertently create broken entries, which we then have to clean up. Also, if nothing else, one usually has a reference at hand for the given keyword, so that one can just as well make a stub entry right away that will be of actual use, however small.)

This list here I intended as a bare table of contents for easy overview of entries with further details; so that technical fine print such as the qualities of a given representing spectrum (or indeed the use of any spectrum in the first place) should better be relegated to the entries that are being listed here.

In this vein I have edited your addition a little. For instance the item “ultracommutative ring spectrum” (a new stub entry) no longer appears listed here, but does appear in the entry behind the respective links.

Okay?

diff, v3, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • (edited Nov 21st 2020)

Thanks, Urs! The spectrum MO also has a global incarnation, by the way. Currently, the list seemingly indicates that mO is the only one that is global equivariant. (And vice versa, mO and mU can be restricted to a nonglobal equivariant spectrum.)

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Nov 21st 2020)

I was just reformatting the addition you made in rev 2. Maybe I misunderstood your intention?

But in either case this is just the beginning of a list that can be much expanded. Let’s create more of the relevant entries and then add pointer to them to the list.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2020

added one more item to the list: MString

(pointing to an old entry string bordism, which now redirects for MStringMString; as many of these entries it remains much underdeveloped)

diff, v4, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2020

Re #3: I was just trying to say that the current entry attaches the adjective “global” only to mO and mU, not to MO and MU.

But all four have equal status with respect to globality: all four spectra can be defined as global equivariant spectra.

So why should two of them be referred to as “global” and the other two not?

Maybe mO and mU should be called global Thom spectra, and MO and MU global bordism spectra?

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2020
    • (edited Nov 24th 2020)

Yes, and I was just trying to say that this was not my decision, but seemingly yours, in rev 2, which I only meant to format differently.

But we agree that the table needs to be completed more properly. We’ll do it.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2020

added the item MFr and made that redirect to stable Cohomotopy for the time being (eventually this should be a separate entry).

diff, v5, current

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2020

added the item MUFr for Conner-Floyd’s (U,fr)(U,fr)-cobordism theory (UU-manifolds with FrFr-boundaries)

diff, v6, current

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2020

am adding an item equivariant MFr (for equivariant framed bordism theory)

diff, v7, current

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2020

am adding one more item to the list: MSUFr (for bordism theory of SU-manifolds with FrFr-boundaries, as on the last pages of Conner-Floyd 66)

diff, v8, current

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2020
    • (edited Feb 18th 2021)

am adding one more item to the list: MΩΩSU(n) – Ravenel’s X(n)X(n)

diff, v9, current

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2021

am adding one more item to the list: MOFr (i.e. unoriented bordism with framed boundary), to go along with MUFr and MSUFr

diff, v13, current

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2021
    • (edited Feb 18th 2021)

am adding one more item: MSpinc

diff, v17, current

• CommentRowNumber17.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2023
    • (edited Mar 16th 2023)

added the item MString