Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
  1. Summary and basic definition of mutants of a knot in the context of quantum cryptography. It looks like a page on prime knots is needed in order to make the connection in first sentence.

Grant

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2021

Thanks. I have fixed the code for the floating context menu.

diff, v2, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorGrant_Bradley
    I am signed into my account yet the author remains "nlab edit announcer". Does this only show on my side if I am logged in? Sorry, I am new to contributing.
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Jan 26th 2021)

I have changed the page name from “mutants” to “mutant knot” (for definiteness and to stick with the convention to have page titles in singular).

Made the plural “mutant knots” a redirect, as usual. (See the very last line of the code for how it’s done).

If/when we really do need other notions of “mutant”, we can still make a disambiguation page with title “mutant”.

In the same vein, I changed your hyperlink for “unwinding” to “unwinding knots”. Though of course this link remains broken anyhow.

diff, v2, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Oh, we overlapped. Re #3:

I am signed into my account yet the author remains “nlab edit announcer”. Does this only show on my side if I am logged in? Sorry, I am new to contributing.

Maybe you still need to type in your name – maybe once more – in that little box next to the Submit-button?

• CommentRowNumber6.
    Thanks.
    In the absence of a page on prime knots I will create it.
    • CommentRowNumber7.
    Thanks, it seems I neglected to do so.
    • CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

In the absence of a page on prime knots I will create it.

Please do, thanks. A search shows that currently we don’t even have a single mentioning of “prime knot”

2. Hi Grant, an algorithm is used to try to match your nLab name to your nForum username. ’Grant’ is unfortunately a bit generic as an nLab name for this purpose: you could use your full name, and if the algorithm still doesn’t match you (if you didn’t use this full name when signing up for the nForum), I can make a manual match between the two. Alternatively something like ’Grant DB’ as the nLab name will probably lead to a match.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2021
    Richard, is there a way to change my username to 'Grant_Bradley' instead of 'grantdb' or will I have to make a new account? I do not see an option to do so on my end.
  3. I have changed it for you now :-).

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2021
    Thank you!