Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010

created coherent topological space. Just the definition so far.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2019

Should this page be merged with spectral topological space?

diff, v3, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDmitri Pavlov
    • (edited Jul 24th 2019)

I think they certainly should be merged. I was not aware of this article, so added the material about coherent locales to “spectral topological space” instead.

• CommentRowNumber4.

Any opinions as to which should be the name and which the redirect?

• CommentRowNumber5.

I think “coherent space” and “coherent locale” are more common than “spectral space”. Lurie uses “coherent” in his books.

Maybe “coherent space” and “coherent locale” should be split into separate articles, although I do not have strong opinions about this.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

It seems to me the only point to separating “coherent space” and “coherent locale” is that one needs a nonconstructive principle (the Boolean prime ideal theorem or equivalent) to establish that coherent locales are spatial. For me personally, this is not a very compelling reason.

• CommentRowNumber7.

It seems reasonable to me to keep them on the same page, although in that case I would rather the page be called “coherent space” rather than the current “coherent topological space” to respect the fact that it also discusses more general notions of “space” (viz. locales that may fail, constructively, to be spatial) than classical topological spaces. Hopefully there will not be too much confusion between that and the renamed coherence space (and we can include disambiguation hatnotes).

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2019

What is the procedure for merging? Should the shorter article be deleted, since its content is already present in the longer article?

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2019

If the content of one article is indeed entirely duplicated in the other, then it can just be deleted, and an appropriate redirect added to the other. (Plus, as I said I would prefer a renaming to just coherent space.)

• CommentRowNumber10.

I added redirects to the other article. This one should be deleted, but there is no “delete” button as far as I can see.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Aug 4th 2019)

Yes, there is no direct way to explicitly delete entries. The way to go is to clear the content, remove all links to the entry, and rename it, usually from “name” to “name > history”.

• CommentRowNumber12.

How can one see the list of all links to an entry? We used to have it at the bottom of each page.

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2019

I receive

Edit blocked by spam detector

when I try to follow Urs’s instructions.

• CommentRowNumber14.

Renamed

diff, v4, current

• CommentRowNumber15.

When merging, there’s no need to manually remove links: since we’ve also created a redirect from the page name to the other page it’s being merged with, all such links will automatically go there instead.