Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009
    • (edited May 13th 2010)

I removed my recent material at simplex in a lined topos and instead inserted this now, expanded, at

interval object

where it belongs. There is now a section there that discusses how interval objects gives rise to cubical and simplicial path oo-categories.

The proposition I state there I have carefully checked. Should be correct. But haven't typed the proof, it doesn't lend itself to being typed (straightforward but tedious, as one says).

But if it is indeed correct, this must be standard well-known stuff. Does anyone have a reference?!

I also restructured and edited the rest of the entry a bit, trying to make it a bit nicer. THis entry deserves more attention, it is a pivotal entry.

Tomorrw when I am more awake I'll remove simplex in a lined topos and redirect links to it suitably to interval oject.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels

Last link: interval object

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorGuest
    Added remark to interval object that the affine line A^1 is an interval object in the A^1 homotopy theory of schemes, but is obviously not like the interval in the topological sense.
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorGuest
    Whoops, apologies, that last comment was me.

-David Roberts

(tardy in signing up to the forum, I know)
    • CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks David.

I had known about this from Zoran, but never looked into it in any detail.

But I have now at least picked up this thread and created stubs for

homotopy localization

and

A1 homotopy theory

and linked to them from the paragraph that you added to interval object.

I also restructzred interval object a but further to amplify this point.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I also worked further on interval object:

expanded the introduction further, renames some headlines, added formal definition/theorem/proof environments, expanded the remarks on the meaning of the construction of that cosimplicial object.