Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010

I moved the proof of the claim that the Segal-Brylinski “differetiable Lie group cohomology” is that computed in the (oo,1)-topos of oo-Lie groupoids from the entry group cohomology to the entry Lie infinity-groupoid and expanded the details of the proof considerably.

See this new section.

Towards the end I could expand still a bit more, but I am not allowed to work anymore today… :-)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010

Towards the end I could expand still a bit more,

Hm, in fact I think I have a gap towards the end. So far it just shows an inclusion of Segal-Brylinski cohomology into the (oo,1)-topos cohomology, not an isomorphisms.

Hm, darn, I need to think more about it…

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    • (edited May 31st 2010)

I don’t see the equivalence anymore that I claimed originally, it now seems to me that the intrinsic (oo,1)-topos Lie group cohomology is even finer than the Segal-Brylinski differential cohomology (which refines the “naive” Lie group cohomology).

I adjusted the entries accordingly, the details are at oo-Lie groupoid – Lie group cohomology.

But maybe to highlight the sensitive point within the discussion there:

Brylinski’s differentiable Lie group cohomology is obtained (in paraphrase) by choosing funcorially for each G × kG^{\times_k} a cofibrant replacement C({U i k})G × nC(\{U^k_i\}) \stackrel{\simeq}{\to} G^{\times_n} and then setting

H diffr n(G,A):=sPSh( [k]Δ[k]C({U i k}),B nA) H^n_{diffr}(G,A) := sPSh(\int^{[k]} \Delta[k] \otimes C(\{U^k_i\}) , \mathbf{B}^n A)

But even though each C({U i k})C(\{U^k_i\}) is cofibrant, the above totalization is, while related by a zig-zag of weak equivalences to BG\mathbf{B}G, not cofibrant. What is a cofibrant replacement for BG\mathbf{B}G is

[k]Δ[k]C({U i k}) \int^{[k]} \mathbf{\Delta}[k] \otimes C(\{U^k_i\})

where the fat Delta is the Bousfield-Kan resolution Δ[k]=N([k]/Δ[op] op)\mathbf{\Delta}[k] = N([k]/\Delta[op]^{op}) of the point in [Δ op,sSet] proj[\Delta^{op}, sSet]_{proj}. So the “true” intrinsic cohomology H true n(G,A)H^n_{true}(G,A) of BG\mathbf{B}G is obtained by mapping out of this bigger guy. By pullback along the Bousfield-Kan map we hence have a natural morphism

H naive n(G,A)H diffr n(G,A)H true n(G,A). H^n_{naive}(G,A) \to H^n_{diffr}(G,A) \to H^n_{true}(G,A) \,.

First I thought I had shown that the last map is an iso due to the abelianness of AA, but I don’t see my argument anymore.