Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorJonAwbrey
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009
    • (edited Oct 14th 2009)

Rather than pelt Cafe regulars with my desultory internet x-cavations, I'll post them here as I find them.

David Corfield's Blog

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorJonAwbrey
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009
    • (edited Oct 10th 2009)

WebArchive Links for The Philosophy of Real Mathematics Blog : "Old Material" → 12 Nov 2005

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorJonAwbrey
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2009
    • (edited Oct 10th 2009)
    WayBakMachine Dump for "dcorfield.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk"
    http://web.archive.org/web/*/dcorfield.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/*
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

What are going to do with these links?

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorJonAwbrey
    • (edited Oct 10th 2009)

I was just following a thread, and broken links bug me — I was trying to sort out the files that have been recopied to UCR and the ones still missing — besides, it's always a good idea to ping the WayBakMachine for missing links so that it goes out and looks for things it can still find.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009

These aren't actually anything to do with the n-lab, though, and this forum is specifically for that. Given that only John and David can do anything about these missing links, it might be best to ask them where is the best place to record these.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorJonAwbrey

Maybe I read it wrong, but I thought the n-lab and n-forum were supposed to be for discussing and working on themes from the n-cafe?

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

The idea is that the nForum is about discussion concerning the nLab. The nCafe, being a blog in itself, doesn't really need a meta-discussion forum.

But then, the nLab is supposed to support the nCafe in that it provides a place to store information that is not sensibly stored in a discussion forum.

From that it would seem to me that what you might want to do is create an nLab page that would serve as a bracket for the links you would like to collect, and then list the links there, with some commentary accompanying them.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorJonAwbrey

Well, there doesn't seem to be anyone else interested in discussing these topics at this point, so I'll just let these grapes mellow on the vine until someone else picks up on them.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    This comment is invalid XHTML+MathML+SVG; displaying source. <div> <blockquote> there doesn't seem to be anyone else interested in discussing these topics at this point, </blockquote> <p>Who knows. So far we have just seen a list of more or less random-looking links. How should we reply to that?</p> <p>Maybe if you start a discussion about some topic related to these links, somebody will be interested. David Corfield might be, for instance.</p> </div>
    • CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorJonAwbrey
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009
    • (edited Oct 14th 2009)

There is already a discussion in the Cafe, and a reader of the Notice I posted there might know that I relegated these "random-looking" links here — their randomness being due to forces beyond my control arising out of some Cosmic Battle between the Wild Blue Yonder and the Like A Virgin Medea — precisely in support of the discussion already in progress or digress there, for the very purpose of reducing the historical-technical distractions in that context.

Again, not really worth the candle at this time, so let's save the midnight oil for another day's night …