Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009

How does one do a bibliography on the n-Lab? Within a given article, I mean.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009
    I don't know about the system supporting that. In some entries I just made up some boldface strings as identifiers for literature listed at the end of the entry and used that as a pointer. But there must be a better method.
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009
    The system does have a method to support this somewhat, and it's even been used in some articles. I'll report back if I figure out where.
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2009

Are you thinking of the "reference style" links in Markdown? They aren't exactly a "bibliography" though; is there something more than that?

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2009
    • (edited Apr 21st 2009)
    I didn't think that I was, but I can't find any documentation for what I thought that I was thinking of, so maybe I was thinking of that.
    • CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009
    This comment is invalid XML; displaying source. <p>How about what I tried in <a href="http://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/algebraic+theory">&#91;&#91;algebraic theory&#93;&#93;</a>?</p> <p>At one point, we have the text</p> <pre>Here is the connection between the logical and categorial descriptions, based on [Johnstone][], §§3.7&8.</pre> <p>Then down at the bottom we have the reference</p> <pre>* &lt;span id="Johnstone"&gt;&lt;/span&gt; Peter Johnstone; Stone Spaces [Johnstone]: #Johnstone</pre> <p>That's a lot of repetitive typing, so clearly one could program a better way. But it seems to work.</p>
    • CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009

OK, check out what Urs did at infinity-stack homotopically. That's probably what I was thinking of in Comment 3 above.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009
    I like what Toby did here:

http://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/Sandbox#bibtest

which points to

http://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/Bibliography#Goldblatt1984

With some work and standardization, I think we could develop something nice along these lines.
    • CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009

Did you notice my comment on bibliographies?