Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2010

In differential cohomology in an (∞,1)-topos – survey, I can’t guess what ’nothing’ should be here:

The curvature characteristic forms / Chern characters in the traditional formulation of differential cohomology take values in abelian \infty-Lie algebras and are therefore effectively nothing differential forms with values in a complex of vector spaces

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

’nothing but’?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • (edited Sep 21st 2010)

That must be it. I’ll add the ’but’.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks. Yes, I must have meant “nothing but”. Maybe this is a phrase that would better be removed? It doesn’t really add information.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2011
    • (edited Jan 1st 2011)

I am working on finalizing some write-ups. Now I have gone through the section Introduction – General abstract theory that means to leisurely survey the main general abstract ideas (whereas the following section Introduction – Concrete implementation in ooGrpd surveys the concrete specific constructions).

The “Introduction – General abstract theory”-section starts out by introducing the notions of toposes and \infty-toposes as such and then looks at the definition of cohomology and homotopy inside these, and – combining the two – of differential cohomology. The idea is that a reader with knowledge of basic notions in category theory (I don’t explain adjoint functors) and homtopy theory (I don’t explain homotopies and homotopy groups) can read this and get a useful idea of what the technical discussion in the main section General abstract theory is supposed to accomplish.

(While I am polishing these wiki-pages I am gradually turning this into a classical pdf, file.)

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2011
    • (edited Jan 6th 2011)

There is now a “pdf-exceprt” of the writeup. So far it contains the “Introduction” (a kind of survey of the whole thing) and a skeleton of the remainder.

I won’t give the link here, since it will be updated and the link name will change. The current version is the top link at differential cohomology in a cohesive topos (schreiber)

(you see that I keep changing my mind about the working title).

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2011
    • (edited Jan 6th 2011)

Here is the new pdf version for today, now in sections 2.1 - 2.3 with the Yoga of connected/cohesive \infty-toposes and \infty-connected/\infty-cohesive sites.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2011
    • (edited Jan 11th 2011)

I have uploaded a new pdf-version at differential cohomology in a cohesive topos (schreiber): now including

• section 2.3.7: Paths and geometric Postnikov towers

• section 2.3.9: Flat \infty-connections and local systems

• section 2.3.10: de Rham cohomology

• section 2.3.11: \infty-Lie algebras

• section 2.3.12: Maurer-Cartan forms and curvature characteristic forms

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2011
    • (edited Jan 17th 2011)

I have uploaded a new pdf-version at differential cohomology in a cohesive topos (schreiber): now including

• section 2.3.8 Universal coverings and geometric Whitehead towers

• section 2.3.13 Differential cohomology

• section 2.3.14 Chern-Weil homomorphism

• section 2.3.15 Holonomy and \infty-Chern-Simons functional

• section 3.1: Discrete \infty-groupoids

• section 3.2: Euclidean-topological \infty-groupoids

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2011

• in sections 3.3.2 - 3.3.7 the complete derivation of the intrinsic differential cohomology in SmoothGrpdSmooth \infty Grpd and the proof that it coincides with ordinary differential cohomology
    • CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2011

• section 3.3.6 – Exponentiated \infty-Lie algebras in SmoothGrpdSmooth \infty Grpd;

• section 3.3.7 – Universal curvature characteristics in terms of exponentiated Lie nn-algebras;

• section 3.3.9 , \infty-Chern-Weil homomorphism in SmoothGrpdSmooth \infty Grpd (the first definitions and propositions)

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2011
    • (edited Feb 6th 2011)

• section 4 – Applications

• section 4.1 – Fractional differential characteristic classes

• section 4.2 – Higher differential spin structures;

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011
    • (edited Feb 8th 2011)

• section 3.4 – Synthetic differential oo-groupoids

• section 3.4.1 Cohomology in SynthDiffGrpdSynthDiff \infty Grpd

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011
    • (edited Feb 23rd 2011)

• in section 3.2.3 and section 3.3.4 a refined discussion of the preservation of homotopy fibers by the intrinsic fundamental \infty-groupoid functor;

• building on that in section 4.1 an expanded and streamlined discussion of fractional characteristic classes and their differential refinement

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011

• section 4.3: \infty-Chern-Simons functionals
    • CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2011

• in section 2.4: an expanded discussion of formal cohesive \infty-groupoids

• in section 3.4 statements and proofs characterizing L L_\infty-algebroids as formal cohesive \infty-groupoids

• in section 4.2 a discussion of the supergravity C-field (“M-theory 3-form”) by \infty-Chern-Weil theory

• at the very very end, in section 4.3, higher dimensional supergravity by \infty-Chern-Weil theory

• CommentRowNumber17.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2011
    • (edited Apr 22nd 2011)

• section 3.3.5 twisted bundles and torsion-twisted K-theory

• section 3.5: the rudiments of super cohesive \infty-groupoids

• CommentRowNumber18.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2011
    • (edited Apr 25th 2011)

• in section 3.3.10 some basics of the differential cohomology of orientifolds