Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010
    • (edited Nov 3rd 2010)

I created a stub for spectral theory. It is related to the deficiency of the entries in functional analysis.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010

Thanks. I noticed. It is a bit more than a stubby stub, more like a mini-page! I will try to see if there is stuff that I can add e.g. some stubs. :-)

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010
    • (edited Nov 23rd 2010)

There is a note at spectral theory:

Very recently, V. Retakh at all proved some analogues of spectral theorems for tensor of higher rank, rather than matrices.

This reads as if there is a typo. My guess is ’et al’. If so I can change it, especially if you are rushed, Zoran.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Right, et al.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

OK, there is a new stub Gelfand triple related to Urs’s recent interest in spectra of operators.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2010

Urs’s recent interest in spectra of operators.

I had an interest in making the links at spectral triple point to existing entries and not be gray :-) Thanks for helping with doing that!

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

OK, there is a new stub Gelfand triple

Hm, are you aware that we do have rigged Hilbert space?

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

We do need significant improvement for rigged Hilbert space (something on my to-do list for awhile now).

Neither Schwartz space nor its dual are Banach spaces.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

There should be then some sortr of merger of the two entries then. I made a search under rigged and got nothing under titles yesterday, probably I did something wrong.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Right, it is not a Banach space, this is not a Banach Gel’fand triple but is a Gel’fand triple.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Nov 24th 2010)

I included more material into Gelfand triple including more references and links, idea section and essentially all the material from rigged Hilbert space. This is sort of half made merger of the two entries. I suggest sending rigged Hilbert space into history and putting the redirect under the longer Gelfand triple entry, where older variants like enriched Hilbert space and equiped Hilbert space are already included as redirects.