Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2010
    • (edited Dec 9th 2010)

I split off an entry dg-geometry from the entry on Hochschild geometry, since it really deserves a stand-alone discussion.

Eventually somebody should add the references by Kapranov et al on dg-schemes etc. And much more.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2010

I think that dg-schemes of Kapranov are pretty much different from the geometry based on dg-categories. Dg-schemes of Kapranov are dg-ringed topological spaces – the structure sheaf is a dg-algebra, and the underlying topological space is a usual one. It is much more special and concrete framework than what Toen et al. or Kontsevich et al. do with dg-categories and A-infinity categories.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

there is a notion of scheme in any “HAG-context” in the language o Toen-Vezzosi and with respect to every “geometry” in Lurie’s terminologyy. Kapranov’s dg-schemes should be schemes in dg-geometry, in this sense.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Urs, the mathematics terminology is not made optimal according to your nice idealistic wishes. Kapranov-Ciocan-Fountaine dg-schemes are an intermediate notion at the beginning of the subject of derived geometry, the concept which has nice examples which is consistent, but rather special and abandoned soon after the publication. It does not cover the concept of scheme in some modern geometry based on dg-categories; it is an alternative representation for a class of very special cases. I am not even sure if they form a full subcategory.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Do you want to put Kapranov’s definition of dg-scheme onto the Lab? Then we can see.

All these notions will try to formalize the notion “locally equivalent to spec of a dg-algebra”.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Dec 13th 2010)

Well, most of people nowdays do spec of dg-category viewed as enhanced derived category of qcoh sheaves; the point of view of Kapranov et al. is I think to extend the flexibility notion of structure sheaf of rings. Of course, there is some embedding of the picture by taking a generator which is often a dg-algebra. The question of reconstruction from enhanced derived category is subtle.

I will put dg-schemes of that kind in the nlab at least once I am back to normal work (I just came back from Hungary; wednesday is the deadline for material spending for this year. I have a visitor from Thursday to Sunday. Small trip out of Zagreb Sun/Monday etc…) if not before.

I am not against putting Kapranov’s refernce (on the contrary). I am just against a light conclusion that it is the same level of generality and even cautious again about full and faithful embedding.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Dec 13th 2010)

okay, thanks, no rush. I have no time for it either. But if you have a rough idea, maybe you could just write a single sentence at “dg-geometry” that mentions Kapranov. I feel he deserves to be menioned as one of the first (if I understand correctly) who thought in this direction at all, even if maybe his definitions don’t quite survive.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Dec 13th 2010)

I did mention those papers in the first versions of derived algebraic geometry. It may be more fruitful to have general picture of any kind of derived geometry under derived geometry than to discuss models of derived schemes in the sense of algebraic geometry at both places in detail.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Where the term dg-geometry is actually used ?

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I made up that particular term. I needed a more specific term than “derived algebraic geometry”. In Toen-Vezzosi they have the concept of an “HAG-context”. One of those that they discuss is cdgAlg k cdgAlg kcdgAlg_k^- \hookrightarrow cdgAlg_k. I needed a name for that.

A little later, when they work entirely over unbounded dg-algebra, they call this the “complicial HAG context”. But I don’t feel we can use that term here, as it collides with other things.

I think some term is necessary: there are other contexts. For instance if over a field not of char 0, there is no model in terms of cdg-algebras at all.

(Okay, maybe we should rename “dg-geometry” to “cdg-geometry”.)

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

I like complicial though. dg-geometry may be OK, but we should think more through terminology. It is nice seeing how you are getting more familiar with algebraic geometry terminology and literature in general. Soon you will teach algebraic geometers in that subject :)

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011

I am currently expanding the entry dg-geometry by listing more of the results by Toën-Vezzosi.

Turns out that several of the statements that I was working on and discussing here recently are all proven there (unsurprisingly, I have to admit…)

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthoradeelkh
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2013

I made a few changes to dg-scheme.