Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorjcmckeown
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011

new entry spectral sequence of a filtered complex, !included into the correct section of spectral sequence. Doubtless still needs tidying.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Jan 14th 2011)

Thanks! I had left spectral sequence a rather incomplete state. Thanks for working on this.

I have added a table of contents and some more hyperlinks to spectral sequence of a filtered complex.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorjcmckeown

hmmm.. that seems to have confused the wiki's toc generators... I'll have another look aftereating something.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

that seems to have confused the wiki’s toc generators…

Not sure what you mean. (?)

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorjcmckeown
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2011
    • (edited Jan 15th 2011)

oh, I mean that, because of how I set it up the first time, now the spectral sequence article has a new toc half-way down, which gets fully quoted in its Contents.

I think the Right Thing to do at this point is replace the [[!include ]] with an abstract of the s.s.o.a.f.c. entry... i've never been good at writing abstracts. They always turn out too wordy.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2012
    • (edited Aug 28th 2012)

I have been working on spectral sequence of a filtered complex.

My main aim was to make it more an exposition than it was. So I added to jcmckeown’s discussion via exact couples the plain explicit definition of the entries E p,q rE^r_{p,q} and added a discussion of how these are simply interpreted as the “rr-approximate homology groups”.

One simple illustrating example that I added was the computation of the homology of a tensor product of chain complexes.

There is still some clean-up to be done in the entry, e.g. jcmckeown’s two paragraphs need some connective tissue to the rest of the entry. And there should be more examples. I’ll see how far I get…

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012

I have tried to further expand the Definition- and the Properties-section at spectral sequence of a filtered complex.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2012

some fine-tuning in Properties – convergence: made the filtering on the homology explicit.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorAli Caglayan
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2018

page does not load. I have not edited anything.

diff, v38, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • (edited Sep 25th 2018)

It was ok for me just now, so try again to see if the bug has vanished. The last edit noted is by you, although there seem to be no changes recorded.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorAli Caglayan

I couldn’t post a follow up to the forum earlier. The page was having trouble matching div’s on line 600? Im afraid I cant reproduce the error. The only thing I added was a few line breaks at the top so I could post here.

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2018
    • (edited Oct 8th 2018)

In the entry spectral sequence of a filtered complex there are some , to me, spurious extra square brackets in Remark 2.1 More exactly

1. [ nC n n1]C n1][\cdots \stackrel{\partial_{n}}{\to} C_n \stackrel{\partial_{n-1}}{\to}] C_{n-1} \to \cdots]

I will delete these brackets here but if they are there for a purpose then we can roll back to reinsert them. However in that case their purpose might perhaps be clarified. I glanced at some other linked pages but could not find a similar use.

• CommentRowNumber13.

deleted some probably spurious square backets.

diff, v39, current

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Looks like these shouldn’t be there, right. Thanks for fixing.

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • (edited Oct 8th 2018)

[Admininstrative note: a new Latest Changes thread had been created for this entry, in which #12 and #14 first appeared; I have moved them here, and deleted the other thread.]

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorGuest
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2019
    Can someone explain the difference between $B^{1}_{p,q}$ and $B^{\infty}_{p,q}$ as it's written? cf this stackexchange post:https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/3167137/spectral-sequence-b1-p-q-b-infty-p-q-definition-nlab#comment6522382_3167137
    • CommentRowNumber17.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2019
    • (edited Apr 2nd 2019)

Thanks for the alert. Yeah, there is a glitch there, some notation seem to have gone lost in that line.

I don’t have time to fix it right now. But this is standard stuff, maybe somebody could just fix that line. Otherwise I’ll get to it a little later.

• CommentRowNumber18.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2019

I don’t remember which explicit formula for B B^\infty I had intended in that line, though it should be obvious, for small values of obvious, once one puts oneself in the required mindset again. Since I feel distracted by other tasks, for the moment I have just cleared the wrong expression. But scanning over the page, it seems that B B^\infty is never referred to again on the page, so little harm should be done either way. Except that likely there is much room left to improve this page, beginning with adjusting the alignment and whitespace of the formulas.