Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2011

on my personal web I am starting a page derived critical locus (schreiber) with some notes.

I think so far I can convince myself of the claim that the page currently ends with (without proof). My next goal is to show that the homotopy fibers discussed there are given by BV-BRST complexes. But I have to interrupt now.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2011
    • (edited Mar 9th 2011)

maybe I made some progress with understanding the BV-complexes formally as derived critical loci: as homotopy fibers of sections dS:𝔞T *𝔞d S : \mathfrak{a} \to T^* \mathfrak{a} of the cotangent bundle on an \infty-Lie algebroid 𝔞\mathfrak{a} (a formal dual to a BRST complex).

New, rewritten notes are at derived critical locus (schreiber).

In fact I think I understand the full story if I assume that homotopy pushouts of my unbounded commutative dg-algebras are computed by mapping cones as usual. This is what one expects, but one needs to be a bit careful with what model structure exactly one uses to present the derived geometry, and what assumptions on projectivity are being made. This I need to think more about.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2011
    • (edited Sep 27th 2011)

New entry derived critical locus at the main nnLab to record the Vezzosi’s paper. I am a bit surprised that the page lists that it is linked from derived critical locus while I have not put that self-referencing link.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2011

Oh, wow.

Thanks, I had not seen that.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2017

I have brought into derived critical locus the core of my old notes (from my personal web) aiming to show that the BV-BRST complex really is (the formal dual of) the derived critical locus in dg-geometry of a function on a Lie algebroid (BRST complex).

Looking at this material from 2011 again I notice two things:

1. In the example I don’t check the smoothness assumption made in this prop.

2. meanwhile there ought to be a reference that provides all the required model-category theoretic background in the entry in an easily citable way.

I don’t quite have the time right now to dig into this again. If anyone has a hint, I’d be grateful.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2017

The Costello-Gwilliam reference seems to now be this book (pdf); does anyone have a more precise location for the claim referred to in the nLab page? Or is it just the general philosophy of the approach?

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

a more precise location for the claim

In the book it is now the beginning of section 4.8.1

(Back in 2011 I was pointing to their wiki, which however no longer exists. I have added the section pointer to the entry now.)

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Oct 2nd 2017)

Vincent Schlegel kindly pointed out to me that, as stated, the computation gave the critical locus in C×𝔸 1C \times \mathbb{A}^1 instead of in CC, while the latter is really the further pullback along CC×𝔸 1C \to C \times \mathbb{A}^1. I have fixed this.

Dually the point is that in Sym 𝒪(C)(𝒪(C))Sym_{\mathcal{O}(C)}\left( \mathcal{O}(C) \oplus \cdots \right) there are “two copies” of 𝒪(C)\mathcal{O}(C), and they eventually need to be identified. Indeed that’s what is necessary to yield the desired conclusion (which tacitly made that identification).

I have fixed this now.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

Re #6, we have a dedicated page Factorization algebras in perturbative quantum field theory, which points to two volumes.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks. I have made the reference line point to that page. I’d have to check which volume is relevant.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2017

Thanks, Urs.