Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2011
    • (edited Jun 19th 2011)
    • Stanford Encyclopaedia of Philosophy online, contents is free online in the article by article html format (for now, they pledge for support to stay so…) ! Good quality stuff online. I added the link to philosophy, and will later add it to math archives.

Specially good for usage and references in our foundational entries on quantum mechanics is that they have excellent online articles quantum logic and probability theory, quantum mechanics: Kochen-Specker theorem, quantum mechanics and quantum mechanics: von Neumann vs. Dirac.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

New entry quantum logic.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Jun 19th 2011)

New entry Zariski geometry. The author Boris Zilber from Oxford is one of the leading model theorists in the world and recently interested in connections of model theory to noncommutative geometry and, most recently, also to quantum mechanics. New entry Boris Zilber.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Notice very interesting survey

• Boris Zilber, On model theory, non-commutative geometry and physics, (survey draft) pdf
    • CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2011

The link to the earlier draft of the book Zariskian Geometries seems to be hidden now from the page but it works pdf

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks for the pointers, Zoran.

last year in Oxford I heard Zilber speak about what is reviewed in the article you mention. I remember that I got a bit confused towards the end on what the claimed statement about the standard quantum propagator was meant to be. I should maybe read the review. But do you know? Can you summarize what his point is, at the end?

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

No, I can’t - I discussed with him only the connections to noncommutative geometry (actually to what I call semicommutative scheme (zoranskoda)s), not the connections to the quantum mechanics. I learned just recently that he has also related interest to another, and this new survey seems just to give a bit of flavour in which direction he is heading. I mean the models are from qm perspective relatively primitive (like, some need to work over rationals) but the theorems are that such models appear among the most regular class of theories from the perspective of classification. So he does not try to give a complete satisfactory account, but rather see the striking similarity of basic models of algebraic and noncommutative geometry and, it seems also of quantum mechanics, with the basic examples of the models at the top of hierarchy which he considers (criteria like categoricity, stability etc. in model theory).