Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorBen_Sprott
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2011
    • (edited Jul 7th 2011)
    Hi,
    Has anyone read Vicary's Categorical Quantum harmonic oscillator? I am attempting a calculation using the adjunction RQ which he develops in that paper. Specifically, I am using the category of comonoids Cx (which he describes in the paper) as if it were SET and I intend to do some set theory in Cx. He already demonstrates Cx has finite products, a 0 and a 1 object. I am looking for the 2 object, but really I want these so that I can have the powerset functor. What I am interested in are unions, intersections and powersets. I have Lawvere and Rosebrugh here and looked up these structures, but if anyone can help out, that would be great. Thanks.
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2011

I am looking for the 2 object

What do you mean? Do you need power objects? Or even a subobject classifier?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorBen_Sprott
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011
    Urs, Thank you for your interest.
    I'm sorry, but I am not sure yet how to think about this problem and so I am not sure how to use your help. This work is extremely speculative. I really appreciate your interest. Unfortunately, I have had to leave this work for a bit and only a fairly significant breakthrough would have enabled me to give you more feedback. Thanks again.