Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2011

stubs for QED and QCD

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2011
    • (edited Jul 20th 2011)

I have changed the idea section of gauge theory. It may denote classical gauge theory, not necessarily quantum. In fact, most often when mathematicians (say PDE people) talk about gauge theory they mean the classical one. Monopole solutions and Donaldson theory are not from QFT, but rather from the classical Yang-Mills theory. Similarly the classical electrodynamics of Maxwell is a classical abelian Yang-Mills theory.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

By the way, Urs, when talking field theory, about your collection/book with Jurčo – do you have the articles in the final form by now ? Will the articles be available online. I do not see any article links at Mathematical Foundations of Quantum Field and Perturbative String Theory (schreiber).

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Jul 20th 2011)

do you have the articles in the final form by now ?

Yes. Finally, two days ago, the last one missing was collected! Now they are all with AMS, and the technicians there are doing whatever it takes them to finish the process.

I am not sure to which extent I may make the contributions available that are not also on the arXiv.

And, by the way, Brano is not among the editors of this book anymore.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Jul 20th 2011)

So, why not then asking kindly people who did not put their contribution to the arXiv to do so at near point and then linking to the page ? If some can put it to the arXiv then it would be a service if all.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2011

+1 Zoran #5

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I’ll update the book’s webpage now and include whatever links there are available.

For the contributions of those authors who decided not to put their piece on the arXiv a mild prodding by interested potential readers might help. Or else they might offer something on request by email. Or else the editors of the book might, if emailed.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I have now gone through the list, and it turns out that all authors have already made their contribution available! – that is: all except Yan Soibelman, it seems. On his website there is still the old outdated sketch of what has become his final contribution, though.

I have added all the relevant links here now.

(Clearly, as you can see there, I am in the middle of reworking the webpage, but am being interrupted now.)

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Jul 21st 2011)

For the contributions of those authors who decided not to put their piece

How do you know they really decided so ? Maybe they were reluctant assuming that your publisher does not allow or something of the form, like the version is not final or alike argument ? It seems you avoid to discuss this with them, while on the contrary everybody else assumes you are the publication insider, not an average reader from the street. QFT for mathematicians (Deligne et al) was also published by AMS, is a similar publication, in the same field and the articles were organized to be public at a single site. So the arxiv push could be viewed the same way.