Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012
    • (edited Jan 5th 2012)

Some stuff that Zoran wrote on recollement reminded me that I had been long meaning to write Artin gluing, which I’ve done, starting in a kind of pedestrian way (just with topological spaces). Somewhere in the section on the topos case I mention a result to be found in the Elephant which I couldn’t quite find; if you know where it is, please let me know.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2012

Very nice, thanks!! I added the Elephant reference (A4.5.6) and modified the theorem in the topos case so it states the result for toposes that aren’t necessarily localic.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012
    Thanks for that, Mike!
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorThomas Holder
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2016

I have added some material to Artin gluing. Unfortunately, it mostly spells out things said there before explicitly or implicitly but I nevertheless thought this would improve comprehension and parsing for readers that are not interested in all the details. I am not quite sure it does achieve that effect though since there is already a wealth of material in place. An idea to consider seems to me to lift out a concrete description of Gl(f)Gl(f) to an ’appetizer concise introduction to topos part’ section right before the topology section starts this would probably accomodate readers who are interested in the construction primarily as a tool.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2016

These look like useful additions to me. Thanks!

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorspitters
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2017

Has gluing been defined for higher toposes? I could not find this in Lurie’s book (nor in the nlab), but I may well be overlooking something.

• CommentRowNumber7.

I don’t remember seeing it written down anywhere.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorspitters

Since gluing is constructed by the topos+of+coalgebras+over+a+comonad, I guess the generalization to higher toposes stated there would give a variant of gluing.

• CommentRowNumber9.

Ah, yes! (In case anyone else has trouble finding it on the page, the mention of ∞-toposes just links to here. And we might hope to modify that argument to work in the elementary case too, by removing accessibility but checking other conditions as well. We should have pages about these.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2019

Added a reference to

• Peter F. Faul, Graham R. Manuell, Artin Glueings of Frames as Semidirect Products , arXiv:1907.05104 (2019). (abstract)

diff, v24, current

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorJohn Baez
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2020

I said it’s enough for Φ\Phi to preserve pullbacks to get a topos via Artin gluing. Todd assured me this is the case.

diff, v26, current

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2020

Added reference to

• Peter F. Faul, Graham Manuell, José Siqueira, Artin glueings of toposes as adjoint split extensions , arXiv:2012.04963 (2020). (abstract)

diff, v28, current

1. Remove repetition

Anonymous

diff, v29, current

2. Missing assumption

Anonymous

diff, v30, current

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2022

I have touched formatting and hyperlinking in the section “The topological case” (here).

diff, v31, current