Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2012
    • (edited Nov 26th 2012)

I have added to all Segal space-related entries, as well as to the Example section at category object in an (infinity,1)-category statements like

That list can be further expanded. But I have to quit now.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2012
    • (edited Nov 26th 2012)

prompted by Mike’s remark here I added to Segal space a section Examples – in 1Grpd with a remark on how a Segal space in 1GrpdGrpd1Grpd \hookrightarrow \infty Grpd induces a 2-category equipped with proarrows.

It’s not very polished and still sort of incomplete. But I need to quit now.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2012
    • (edited Nov 26th 2012)

I have now also spelled out the converse construction in Examples – From a category, spelling out how for 𝒞\mathcal{C} a category and p:𝒦𝒞p \colon \mathcal{K} \to \mathcal{C} a functor out of a groupoid, the “nn-fold comma catgeory” construction X np / nX_n \coloneqq p^{/^n} yields a Segal space X X_\bullet, which is complete if pp is the core inclusion.

So far the writeup is a bit rambling, I am just writing stuff out as I go along. Eventually when I have a more leisure I should go an polish this. There should be, I suppose, a statement and proof that

• a 2-coskeletal Segal space X X_\bullet in 1Grpd1Grpd is precisely the comma-Cech nerve of a functor X 0𝒞X_0 \to \mathcal{C} and is complete Segal precisely if this is the core inclusion of 𝒞\mathcal{C}, and all 2-coskeletal Segal spaces in 1Grpd1Grpd arise this way.

(Here X X_\bullet is “kk-coskeletal” if X nX Δ nX_n \to X^{\partial \Delta^n} is a 1-monomorphism for all nk+1n \geq k+1).

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2012

This is very nice, thanks!

1. Added link to Segal type in “Related notions”

Anna Kowalski

diff, v21, current