Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2012
    • (edited Sep 28th 2012)

Adeel Khan created sheaf of meromorphic functions.

(He currently has problems logging into here, that’s why I am posting this for the moment.)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorGuest
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2021
    I am be completely mistaken here, but it seems like the definition of the sheaf of meromorphic functions given suffers from precisely the "misconception" outlined in Kleinman's famous paper. Namely that a non-zero divisor over $U$ maybe fail to be a non-zero divisor when restricted to a subset $V$ of $U$.
  1. 2 is right (unless sΓ(U,𝒪 X)s\in\Gamma(U,\mathcal{O}_X) not being a zero divisor means U¬(s is a zero divisor)U\models\neg(s\text{ is a zero divisor}) in the Kripke-Joyal semantics). Also added a link to Kleiman’s paper.

Anonymous

diff, v6, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorGuest
    (Sorry for the big text – I hadn’t foreseen the hash at the beginning would make the rest of the line a title…) —the previous Anonymous
    • CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks for the edit!

Regarding the large font: on the nForum you can edit all your messages indefinitely after posting them. Just find the “edit” button on the top right of any message you have authored.