Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013

I ended up creating brief entries

and cross-linked them a bit. But nothing much there yet.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013
    • (edited Jan 9th 2013)

I don't know why you allow r=0r = 0 but forbid r=dimVr = \dim V. Since VV may have infinite dimension (although rr could also be infinite, I suppose), I think that it's simplest to put no restriction on rr but notice Gr(r,V)Gr(r,V) is empty when rr is too big.

I have edited it now.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2013
    • (edited Jan 10th 2013)

Oops. In 2010 I created an entry Lagrangian Grassmanian. The web has about equal amount of hits for only Grassmanian and for only Grassmannian, so it seems both versions exist widely around, though your version is probably better as the mathematician was Grassmann with two n-s (but then if faithful to names, should be also Hermitean, Lagrangean and not Hermitian, Lagrangian and alike). I suggest searching for pages with “Grassman” (could be Grassmann manifold/variety) when creating alike new entry to anticipate all possible forms which might have been around.

If you want I can merge the material into older entry and rename with both redirects.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

If you want I can merge the material into older entry and rename with both redirects.

Somebody needs to do that. But don’t move to the old entry only to rename that to the name of the new entry. Merge the old material into the new entry instead.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Surely.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2013
    • (edited Jan 11th 2013)

I've combined them now. Ware the cache bug.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Jan 11th 2013)

Thanks! I have now cleared the cached version of the entry.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

This now unfortunately removes the history of the old page (I better always rename/recycle page to some new entry).

• CommentRowNumber9.

No, the history is there, accessible from Lagrangian Grassmanian > history, like usual.

• CommentRowNumber10.

The real problem is that links to redirects don't show up under ‘Linked from’; else it would be easy to spot.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2013

aha great, now I have to think of similar entry topiic to recycle in the correct tone and timber ;)

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2013

(Forgive me, but I think you meant “timbre”. Sometimes I’m not so smart and don’t figure out right away what is meant.)

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2013

aha great, now I have to think of similar entry topiic to recycle in the correct tone and timber ;)

I'd rather wish that you wouldn't. Then I wouldn't be able to see the history of Lagrangian Grassmannian by looking at linking pages with > history in their names.

Normally, I think, you repurpose pages like empty 17 that have no useful history.