Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013
    • (edited Jan 9th 2013)

I created a new entry scalar field on the notion of physical field with a brief bit of text.

I removed the redirect of that to ground ring. It seems to me one says maybe “field of scalars” for “ground ring”, but not “scalar field”. (Wikipedia agrees with me, for what it’s worth.) But I left disambiguations, so no harm is done either way.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013

I seem to have written ‘scalar field’ there, but I agree that this is wrong. I don't think that any redirect is necessary, although I managed to get the first paragraph of scalar field to link to field of scalars.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2017

I have started adding some genuine content to scalar field theory. Didn’t get far, though, because I ended up collecting references in various related entries, such as free field, wave equation, Green’s function, Peierls bracket.

Nothing yet to look at. This is just to let you know in case you are watching the logs and are wondering.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2017

Link scalar field theory does not seem to exist.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2017

Thanks for the alert. I thought I had implemented the redirect. Done now.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2017

I have spelled out at scalar field a detailed derivation, in the case of the free scalar field on Minkowski spacetime, of the Poisson bracket kernel

{ϕ(x),ϕ(y)}=CausalPropagator(x,y). \{\phi(x), \phi(y)\} = CausalPropagator(x,y) \,.

(I am lacking some prefactors by powers of 2π2\pi towards the end, will fix this later.)