Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2013

I noticed only now that the entry bimodule is in bad shape and needs some attention. For the moment I have added here a mentioning of the 2-category of algebras, bimodules and intertwiners and a pointer to the Eilenberg-Watts theorem.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2020

I quote from the current entry:

Remark 4.2. As this notation suggests, BMod RBMod_R is naturally the vertical category of a pseudo double category whose horizontal composition is given by tensor product of bimodules. spring

Does anyone know what the ’spring’ is doing at the end or should it be deleted?

1. It’s a device Urs uses sometimes when editing, I think to remember where to begin again from after stopping. If it’s still there after some time, it can be deleted!

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2020

Right, sorry, thanks for catching. Have removed it now.

diff, v29, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2022

Added reference to module over a monad.

diff, v41, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorJ-B Vienney
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2022
    • (edited Dec 14th 2022)

corrected typo. Sorry, I didn’t think that typos don’t require a comment.

diff, v42, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorGuest
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2023

Are RR-bimodules definable for non-associative unital integer algebras RR? Current definitions only assume RR to be an associative unital integer algebra, but the definition of a Jordan superalgebra requires RR to not be associative.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2023

Added definition of a bimodule over a monoid in a monoidal category

diff, v43, current

• CommentRowNumber9.

Added definition of tensor product of two bimodules over monoids in a monoidal category

diff, v44, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • (edited May 27th 2023)

There is a weird definition of tensor product of bimodules over rings in this entry. I think it’s not correct. (At least, I don’t think it’s the definition of the standard tensor product.)

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

Oof. Thanks for pointing this out, J-B.

• CommentRowNumber12.

On the other hand, what you wrote isn’t what we normally understand by the tensor product of bimodules, either. It should be A NBA \otimes_N B. I’ll come back to correct in a while, if no one else has.

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • (edited May 27th 2023)

Oh, I wasn’t sure about that. Maybe you must define A NBA \otimes_{N} B as the coequalizer of Aλ B,ρ AB:ANBABA \otimes \lambda^{B}, \rho^{A} \otimes B: A \otimes N \otimes B \rightarrow A \otimes B?

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2023

Yes.

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Re #10:

This seems to originate in revision 36 from May 2022, part of about a dozen of anonymous edits.

• CommentRowNumber16.

More corrections under Tensor Product, and mention that monoids and bimodules between them form a bicategory, and that this construction can in turn be generalized to profunctors.

diff, v48, current