Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorporton
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2013
    In my opinion, this is the single most important open problem in general topology:

Direct products in a category of funcoids

I've formulated this question, but it seems I can't solve it.

Help!!!
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

If you consider it important, which other well known questions in general topology and its applications would get some progress from knowing the answer to your problem ?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorporton
    Sorry, I can name only one open problem which solving my question may probably help: Is every regular paratopological group Tychonoff? (And currently it is based only on my intuition that this could be helpful for that long-standing open problem, I can't yet present a particular scheme of solving it).

I fell however that answering my question will help solving multiple problems in a future.

I am an amateur mathematician. I'm like David: I won the battle for a new theory with a sling, I yet to learn to operate with sword. (I realize that what I am is not the best, but that victory over Goliath of writing general topology with more algebraic formulas is better than nothing.)