Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2013
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2018
    • (edited Feb 10th 2018)

added a little more to worldline formalism.

In particular I added mentioning of this old but curious fact, which I only just learned of from looking again at the review Schubert 96:

In (Metsaev-Tseytlin 88) the 1-loop beta function for pure Yang-Mills theory was obtained as the point-particle limit of the partition function of a bosonic open string in a Yang-Mills background field. This provided a theoretical explanation for the observation, made earlier in (Nepomechie 83) that when computed via dimensional regularization then this beta function coefficient of Yang-Mills theory vanishes in spacetime dimension 26. This of course is the critical dimension of the bosonic string.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2019

added pointer to today’s

• Steven Abel, Nicola Andrea Dondi, UV Completion on the Worldline (arXiv:1905.04258)

diff, v17, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2019

added this pointer

Discussion for QCD with emphasis of 2d QCD and AdS/QCD:

• Adi Armoni, Oded Mintakevich, Comments on Mesonic Correlators in the Worldline Formalism, Nuclear Physics B, Volume 852, Issue 1, 1 November 2011, Pages 61-70 (arxiv:1102.5318)

diff, v19, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2020

added pointer to today’s

• Olindo Corradini, Maurizio Muratori, A Monte Carlo Approach to the Worldline Formalism in Curved Space (arXiv:2006.02911)

diff, v22, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2020

added pointer to today’s

• Gustav Mogull, Jan Plefka, Jan Steinhoff, Classical black hole scattering from a worldline quantum field theory (arXiv:2010.02865)

diff, v23, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2021

added pointer to today’s:

diff, v24, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2021

added pointer to today’s

diff, v25, current

1. Added some more recent references to relevant papers

WorldlineWalker

diff, v27, current

2. Added reference to Feynman’s observation regarding a particle path integral representation of the propagator in scalar QED as far back as 1950.

Added reference to the famous “AAM” paper on worldline instantons and pair creation

WorldlineWalker

diff, v27, current

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2021

Thanks!

I have added author links and DOI link to this item:

diff, v28, current

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2021

added pointer to:

diff, v29, current

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2022

added pointer to today’s:

diff, v31, current

3. Clarification on the fact that the “worldline quantum field theory” of Mogull, Plefka, Steinhoff is more of a background field theory rather than being “literally” the same as the “worldline formalism” described in this article.

Joonhwi Kim

diff, v33, current

4. Fixed formatting error

Joonhwi Kim

diff, v33, current

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2023

Could you expand on what you have in mind?

Am not an expert on this article, but to my mind:

In section 2.2 the authors recall the standard worldline formalism, and generalize it to curved backgrounds. It’s still worldline formalism though, albeit on a curved background. This is then picked up again in section 3.3, quite explicitly so.

• CommentRowNumber17.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2023

I have rolled back the edit announced in #14, since the remark that was added looks counterfactual to me, as stated in #16.

If I am missing something, please be invited to expand on the content of the previous comment in order to clarify.

diff, v34, current

• CommentRowNumber18.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2024

added pointer to today’s

• Lucas Manzo, Worldline approach for spinor fields in manifolds with boundaries [arXiv:2403.00218]

diff, v35, current