Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013

I’ve been adding a considerable amount of detail to relational beta-module. Not quite finished, but a lot of former ellipses have been filled in, and technical results proved from scratch.

If anyone knows this material, I’d enjoy hearing of any proposed simplifications. My local university library does not have the Springer Lecture Notes where Barr first wrote his article on relational beta-modules, and it’s hard finding detailed material at this ground level on the internet, so this represents pretty much what I’ve been able to work out by myself. (And it might read that way.)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2013

Nice work! I haven't read it over and won't have time until next month, but it looks good.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2013

Yes, this looks very nice indeed.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2013

Thanks, guys. Almost finished with relational beta-module; the main tasks have now been completed (after the considerable trouble I had in nailing down the details of theorem 3, which seems, weirdly, not very hard in hindsight).

I’m having weird troubles with the syntax in linking to a previous section. I tried creating such a link within the proof of theorem 2, following the instructions in HowTo to the letter, or at least so I thought, but something’s getting messed up (look at the address which appears when you hover over the link called “previous section” – clicking sends you to an uncreated page, and I’m worried now about the dreaded cache bug). Toby I know is on vacation, but someone knowledgeable might be able to step in and sort things out.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2013

I think you’re missing a forward slash at the beginning of the URL /nlab/show/....

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2013

Well, I’ll be damned. Thank you so much! That was it all right.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2013
    • (edited Aug 4th 2013)

Okay, I’ve now added some detailed material on the generalized multicategory point of view on relational beta-modules.

I think this is a useful thing, because by focusing on this special case, one can streamline through a lot of complications and still give at least some taste of the very general Cruttwell-Shulman theory (which we should probably have more details on in the nLab, but it’s not an easy story to write down details for).

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2013

Nice! Thanks!

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorGuest
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2023

Bourbaki spaces -> Bourbaki’s open set definition of topological spaces

diff, v37, current