Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2013
    • (edited Oct 11th 2013)

created stub entry for Walker-Wang model

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorxgwen
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2013
    I corrected the entry to Walker-Wang model
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2013
    • (edited Oct 11th 2013)

Woops, that’s an embarrassing mistake of mine. Thanks for correcting this.

1. The low-energy TQFT of the Walker-Wang model is expected to be the Crane-Yetter model, not the Yetter model: see https://mathoverflow.net/questions/194570.

Arun Debray

diff, v4, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2018

Thanks Arun.

It would be good if someone in the know could say something more about the relationship. The MO question has Walker say in response:

the Walker-Wang model is related to the Crane-Yetter-Kauffman TQFT in the same way the Levin-Wen model is related to the Turaev-Viro TQFT.

So this is the difference between state sum/partition function and Hamiltonian approaches, it seems. I can add that at least.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2021

added publication data to:

diff, v6, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

added publication data to:

• C. W. von Keyserlingk, F. J. Burnell, Steven H. Simon, Three-dimensional topological lattice models with surface anyons, Phys. Rev. B 87, 045107 ([arXiv:1208.5128] (http://arxiv.org/abs/1208.5128), doi:10.1103/PhysRevB.87.045107)

diff, v7, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

added a bunch of references relating to topological phases of matter and to topological quantum computation

diff, v7, current