Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2013

added to orbit category a remark on what the name refers to (since I saw sonebody wondering about that)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2013

Since Mackey functor is only a stub, I added a ’Guide’ in the references

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2013

Some small changes at orbit category (including making OrG\mathrm{Or}\, G into OrG\operatorname{Or}G throughout).

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble
    • (edited Nov 1st 2013)

The difference between the results of \mathrm{}\backslash, and \operatorname{} is invisible to my eyes.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • (edited Nov 4th 2013)

The space induced by the backslash-comma combination looked too big to me. But never mind.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthoradeelkh
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2013
    • (edited Nov 4th 2013)

There is also another construction which goes by the name of “orbit category”: when T:𝒜𝒜T : \mathcal{A} \to \mathcal{A} is an additive automorphism, the orbit category 𝒜/T\mathcal{A}/T is the one with the same objects as 𝒜\mathcal{A}, and in which morphisms are given by 𝒜/T(X,Y)= iZ𝒜(X,T i(Y))\mathcal{A}/T(X, Y) = \bigoplus_{i \in \mathbf{Z}} \mathcal{A}(X, T^i(Y)). This has appeared under the name “orbit category” in papers of Keller, Tabuada, and others. Perhaps we should mention this somewhere on the page?

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2013

If you have time, please do!

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2020
    • (edited Oct 24th 2020)

added graphics showing the orbit categories of the first five cyclic groups (here)

diff, v25, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2021

added pointer to the original:

diff, v26, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

added pointer to:

diff, v27, current

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

maded more explicit that and where Dwyer-Kan gave the general definition:

diff, v27, current

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2021

added the remark (here) that, at least for discrete groups, the category of GG-sets is the free coproduct completion of the orbit category.

diff, v32, current

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2021
    • (edited Dec 17th 2021)

added some lines (here) on surjective group homomorphisms G^G\widehat {G} \twoheadrightarrow G inducing reflective subcategory inclusions of orbits GOrbtG^OrbtG Orbt \hookrightarrow \widehat{G} Orbt.

diff, v33, current

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2021
    • (edited Dec 27th 2021)

I have added a section (here) on tom Dieck’s “fundamental category” of a GG-space, for the moment mainly to record the observation that this is the Grothendieck construction on the system of fundamental groupoids of fixed loci.

For a moment I was wondering if this note would become the first mentioning of this evident observation, but then I saw that it has been mentioned before, albeit just recently:

diff, v35, current

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2021
    • (edited Dec 28th 2021)

I have now also added (here) a section on tom Dieck’s “equivariant universal cover” together with the observation, analogous to the above, that – now under the \infty-Grothendieck construction – this is equivalent to the 1-truncation unit of the equivariant homotopy type of a GG-space.

(The note still needs some polishing, will first bring in some tikz-typesetting now…)

diff, v36, current

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2021

Further in this vein, tom Dieck’s “component category” (I.10.6 in Transformation Groups) is the Grothendieck construction on the connected component functor GOrbt opπ 0eshX ()SetG Orbt^{op} \xrightarrow{ \pi_0 \esh X^{(-)} } Set.

In summary, what section I.10 in tom Dieck 1987 is secretly describing is the image under the \infty-Grothendieck construction of (the first few stages of) the Postnikov tower of the \infty-presheaf on GOrbtG Orbt which corresponds to the given GG-space.

Hm, is there a conveniently citable reference relating the \infty-Grothendieck construction to Postnikov towers in presheaf \infty-toposes?