Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2014

added to polynomial monad the article by Batanin-Berger on homotopy theory of algebras over polynomial monads.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2016

I added some discussion of “cartesian polynomial monads” to polynomial monad, and their relationship to clubs and object classifiers. I am currently finding this perspective very helpful; for some reason polynomial functors feel like a much more natural thing to me than clubs, so it is nice that they are almost the same thing.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2017

All the references at polynomial monad define a polynomial monad to be one whose underlying endofunctor is a polynomial functor and whose unit and multiplication are cartesian natural transformations. I am inclined to alter our page polynomial monad to conform to this terminology, unless I hear objections.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2017

If there are interesting examples of non-cartesian polynomial monads, then the terminology on our page is a useful generalization. (But there should still be a note added that most references require all polynomial monads to be cartesian.) If not, then sure, change it.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2017

I don’t know of any such examples. But even if there were such examples, for the terminology to be a useful generalization I would argue that there ought also to be interesting theorems about non-cartesian polynomial monads, and I don’t know any of those either.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2017

Ok, I made the change.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2021

Added

An extension of type theory with a universe of associative and unital polynomial monads to define opetopic types in order to encode fully coherent algebraic structures is in

diff, v10, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorsteveawodey
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2023

added references to natural models

diff, v11, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorsteveawodey
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2023

typo

diff, v11, current

• CommentRowNumber10.