Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2014

I have expanded the Idea-section at moduli stack of elliptic curves, have tried to add more pertinent references, and have touched the subsection on “Over general rings” and on the derived version.

In the course of this I started to split off some entries such as nodal cubic curve (which now has a little bit of content) and cuspidal cubic curve (which does not yet).

1. restored iconic phrasing

Anonymous

diff, v29, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2020

Apparently this entry has become a meme as to the nLab’s obscurity, hence John Baez made a change which is undone in #2. Seems reasonable to me to keep the analysis as ((moduli stack) of elliptic curves).

• CommentRowNumber4.

I’ve changed the opening to:

A moduli stack of elliptic curves is a moduli stack for elliptic curves

diff, v30, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor

What was wrong with revision #28? That seemed the clearest opening, avoiding unnecessary repetition. Revision #29 does not seem made in good faith.

• CommentRowNumber6.

I don’t like links in the term being defined. On a similar page such as moduli space of complex structures we do this, but that’s because it’s the briefest note and relies on the title of the page as specifying what’s being described. In this case we’ve evidently introduced a term to be explained.

What do others think?