Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2014
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Wrote also a sentence referring to this entry at Cartan’s homotopy formula.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I have cross-linked with differential calculus and made Dmitri Tamarkin redirect to our existing entry for Tamarkin.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2014

There is a query from Tobias at Cartan calculus that does not seem to have been answered. I am not able to answer it, can someone else do it?

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2014
    • (edited Oct 16th 2014)

Thanks for the alert.

There must have been a basic misunderstanding. The text at Cartan calculus introduced the plain de Rham complex and the question asked if this should not be regarded as a dg-Lie algebra.

I am suspecting that Tobias was thinking of other structures, also named after Cartan. So I have added now at Cartan calculus the following parenthetical remark:

(There are of course other differential geometric structures named after Cartan, see also at equiariant de Rham cohomology the section The Cartan model.)

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2023
    • Pedro Tamaroff, The Tamarkin-Tsygan calculus of an algebra a la Stasheff, Homology, Homotopy and Applications 23:2 (2021) 257–282 arXiv:1907.08888 doi

diff, v5, current