Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorJon Beardsley
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2014

There’s quite a bit on the nn-lab about effective epimorphisms in \infty-toposes, so maybe I’m just not putting it together correctly, but I’m wondering if anyone here knows if there’s a characterization (in print somewhere, preferably) of effective epimorphisms for A A_\infty-ring spectra. In particular, I suspect there should be some kind of statement like: For f:ABf:A\to B, a morphism of connected A A_\infty-ring spectra, we can recover AA from the Amitsur complex (dually, the Cech nerve) of ff as long as π 0(f)\pi_0(f) is an isomorphism and π 1(f)\pi_1(f) is a surjection.

This sort of statement is proven by Gunnar Carlsson in the context of what he calls “derived completion” but he works with the SS-algebra framework of Elmendorf, Kriz, May and Mandell, and it seems like it should be a much more general topos theoretic statement for an \infty-topos. Incidentally, has anyone written down anything about the topos of A A_\infty-ring spectra at all? At first glance it seems like most of Lurie’s work on the subject is for E E_\infty-rings.

Thanks! Jon

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDmitri Pavlov
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2014

Do A_∞-ring spectra even form a ∞-topos? It does not appear, for example, that colimits in A_∞-ring spectra are universal (i.e., commute with pullbacks), which would prevent A_∞-ring spectra from forming an ∞-topos.